Gage R&R Form in Excel for Calculating Gauge R&R - Attached

B

blackant

Re: Gage R&R Form in Excel for calculating gauge R&R attached

As a CMM programmer I have seen my share of R&R forms.
Pretty slick.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin

The form looks nice. I entered the Ford MSA validation data set to validate the calculations. The %TV and %Tol calculations are correct. There is a slight difference in the ndc results (13 vs. 14). This may be due to how many digits were carried out in the calculation.

If you want to enhance it, consider the other graphs shown in the MSA manual.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

I have not followed the calculations but the constants are not according to the last edition

automoto

Involved In Discussions

Hello Howard,

Which constants are not OK. I have use the one from MSA reference manuals - Third edition (page 114)?

Thanks

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin

I have not followed the calculations but the constants are not according to the last edition
Howard,

I think that you may be confused by the A2 and D4 tables used to calculate the control limits for the charts. Highlight cells Q61:R69, and you will find the 3rd edition K constants. The OP is using these to calculate the sigma values correctly. I validated it using Ford's MSA software validation data set.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Thank you for the correction and my apologies to all
:agree1:

E

Elmo55

hi all
this is my first time using this form, and it seems fantastic. your spreadsheet looks pretty cool. do you have a sample one complete with a range of data? I have just started doing r&rs and would find a completed spreadsheet very helpful
thanks
Elmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin

Welcome to the cove Elmo55.

Here are a few friendly pointers to make your visits more productive, and help you to fit in with your fellow covers:

1.There is a search feature in the tool bar above that will allow you to search for MSA attachments. There are many, many versions of MSA spreadsheets and most of them include data that you can copy and paste into this spreadsheet. You may even find a few that you like better. You can also check out the blog button for more information on MSA topics, as well as a few MSA spreadsheets.

2. It is very rare that a post goes unanswered, so we ask that you please be patient and allow some time (1-2 days) for an answer before repeating a request. Many posters cannot access the forums while at work and can only access once or twice a day. Some only access a few times a week or month.

Top Bottom