Valentine's Day in the Workplace

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Wow, it's been three years since the 5th article in my Stealth Quality Series. Now, having taken time off to get my Masters in Organizational Leadership and graduate certificate in Human Resources, I could finally finish this paper on workplace relationships in time for February 14th.

It has often occurred to me that human performance management is the last frontier in Quality Assurance. We have the math and all those little charts, but what do we do with human behavior? The costs of getting it wrong are critically important, especially considering human resources is the single largest cost category for so many organizations.

I suggest that organizational excellence depends on relationship management almost as much as our personal relationships do. There is a ton of advice for leaders and managers about human performance, and rows of books in the bookstore’s Management section. Feel free to buy and read as many as you like, but it occurs to me that the insights we need might be as close as home on Valentine’s Day.

Attachments

• Valentines Day in the Workplace.pdf
    169.8 KB · Views: 252
R

Rickser

Jennifer, just did a quick read of your 5th article. I liked it. Where are you now in your Stealth Quality Series and is it available. HRM is my second job, right behind QM. Please send me a message

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Jennifer, just did a quick read of your 5th article. I liked it. Where are you now in your Stealth Quality Series and is it available. HRM is my second job, right behind QM. Please send me a message
Hi Rickser,

I am really happy you liked my Stealth Quality article #5. I felt like I was taking a risk with that one. Not many QA practitioners do human resources too, but after many years in the field I hold the opinion that human performance is the last frontier. So I wrote Valentines Day in the Workplace.

I have a couple of weeks off coming up, and I have been mulling over the idea that it's time to write #6. I haven't settled on a subject though. I thought I would do a piece on decision making, and incorporate some Excel-based tools and tricks I've picked up along the way.

Are there any other suggestions - something that is ripe to talk about? You know how I like to jabber on about these subjects. :D

Top Bottom