Capability of Gage (Cg & Cgk) for New and Repaired Gages

E

Ehsan Heidari

in AIAG MSA 3th edition, I can`t find any thing about Cg & Cgk, while I red i some books, these indexes must be calculated when we purchase new instrument or repair instruments.
however, have anybody more information about Cg & Cgk?

V

Vasant

Re: Capability of Gage (Cg & Cgk)

Hi,

Gage Cg, Cgk is the standard pubilished by Bosch group and available in german Q-Das SPC software.

regards,
vasant

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

<snip> Gage Cg, Cgk is the standard pubilished by Bosch group <snip>
Anyone know where to get Bosch 'standards'? My assumption is you would have to be a supplier to Bosch to get a copy of their 'standard'.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Nice of Bosch to make them available to the public.

Y

Yulia

Regarding Cgk I have some info. But I am not really sure if its right.
5.4.3 The Gauge Capability (cgk):
The gauge capability study is applicable when measurements taken are not influenced by the operator. This is where measurements are taken / read by the measuring unit which is integrated in the machine. Also this method could be applicable when the measurement can not be repeated twice on one sample (destructive measurements).
A principle of this study is to measure the same feature at least 50 times using the measuring unit. The acceptable capability index of this study is cgk ≥ 1.33 unless otherwise specified by the customer or by any other means.
For calculating the capability values, the following can be used.
• Calculation sheet of GME Document ххххххх, Machine Capability Analysis • Mintab Software or any other appropriate software.

5.4.3.1 Evaluation criteria for Gauge Capability:
• cgk≥1.33 - the measurement method is acceptable • cgk<1.33 - the measurement system is not sufficient for measurement. The real process capability can be jeopardized by wrong measurement system. A deep analysis must be done in order to define and eliminate the root cause of the variability.
(Wrong measuring tool, accuracy, maintenance).
• After the root causes are defined and solved, the MSA study must be repeated again.

Y

Yulia

May somebody help me with question - is it really possible to use Cgk calculation for made MSA for destructive test? If no, do you know any another calculations?

S

sgbhat

MSA as per M/s Bosch CSR manual ; Cg-Cgk etc are mentioned ; Is excel calculation sheets available with anybody ; if Yes can I get them for each said in Bosch CSR Manual

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Top Bottom