Advice and correct My Quality Manual

B

blue moon

Dear Friends

I finish a Quality Manual for Small Compnay their workers about 40 employees

i try to make it very easy and simple

can you view the attachment and advice me if i have a correct

Questions:

1- is my quality manual is comply with ISO 9001:2008 ?

2- I merge the control of documents procedure and control of record procedure in one procedure under the name Documentation process ?

3- I make the Quality Obkective throught the Management Review Procedure

4- i make a chart a refrence included in the QM is this right no problem ?

and thanks for you

i attach the file again

Attachments

• C QM 0101 Interaction of Process.doc
    66 KB · Views: 948
  • C QM 0102 Product Realization.doc
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,091
  • ْXXXXXX QUALITY MANUAL QM 01.doc
    133.5 KB · Views: 7,031
Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter West

Hi Tech

I know your pain. I am also now working to the Arabic weekend so spend many a Sunday waiting for my London office to wake up and start work. Usually by the time they do I am almost half way through my week.

I cannot advise on the larger document - my manual includes the procedures so actually can be read by a member of staff and understood, but that is through our choice and I assume as long as you have the equivalent to complement your documents attached above it would be ok. One of the super-coveists will certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Looking at the product realization chart I had a few comments -

On the fourth line down, following quotation you have "regret" - by that do you mean decline of services by the customer after they have received the quote? Would you want to include an element for client feedback having lost the business?

I was trying to follow the arrows whilst going through the process and think some may need revision i.e. around the "Requst for Design and BOM" box.

Possibly on the first attachment, with Interaction of processes you can link some of them back to the beginning i.e. linking results from audits and monitoring back to the management review box.

I realise having written the above that these are just minor comments that do not address the content (which looked good for the 2 flowchart documents). I would not like to say regarding the manual. I am still new to this and a little set in my boss' way of doing things which is different. Fingers crossed you'll have a number of answers within 24 hours.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I was not able to open the quality manual for some reason. :( But even if I could, I would feel poorly equipped to do more than note something to the effect of "customer satisfaction is missing" - something really big like that.

I noticed that "Customer Feed Back & Complaints" was positioned by itself on the flowchart. Is that intentional? It should be part of the relationships diagram. Or maybe my Word version is not showing all the shapes - some of the arrow lines seemed incomplete. That feedback is not of much value, I fear.

C

Cornwap

Hi Tech4arab,

Your quality manual appears to meet the requirements of the standard. Just a few thoughts from my experience:

I tend to use the Quality Manual as an overview document that anybody can pick up and get an overview of your business and how it is run. My personal preference is therefore to include a brief description of the business to give the reader some context.

I also like to include an overview of how the main PDCA cycle is operated by senior management e.g. business planning, objectives deployment, measurement / analysis, management review etc. I have included an example in the attached document.

I notice that your table lists a seperate supporting document against each clause of the standard. I would tend to avoid this as it is not required for certification and will create a lot of work both to set up and manage. I would focus on creating processes and supporting documents that are needed to run your business effectively. Then go back to your table and define how / where each clause is met. If there are any gaps you can then modify or add to your documentation if necessary.

The diagram in C QM 101 only appears to connect Monitor, Measure & Improve (+ Corrective / Preventive Action and Internal Audit) with Manufacturing Inspection. In practice these relate to the operation of all of the business processes. The attached example shows a method I used for this with regard to objectives deployment / measurement for the key processes of a business (this basic format has been through a few certification audits with different clients).

Lastly the product realisation process diagram appears to cover everything. I might ask the question on whether these are all stand-alone processes or are some of them part of an overall process with a single owner e.g. manufacturing and inspection all coming under the manufacturing process owned by the manufacturing manager?

One more thought, you might want to look at Microsoft Visio for drawing your diagrams. It is a lot easier to use than the drawing function in Word.

Apologies that this is a bit long but hopefully it is of some help. If you have any questions please send me a message.

Best regards
Phil

Attachments

• Quality Manual Diagram Examples.doc
    163.5 KB · Views: 949
S

sandman23

is this all your quality manual? I know that it is mentioned in the ISO9001:200 4.2 General Requirements, NOTE2 " the extent of the quality management system documentation can differ from one organization to another due to

a. the size of the organization and type of activities
b. complexity of process and their interaction
c. the competence of personnel

i am not saying that the manual will cause the non certification because there is no specific format how manual shall be written.

i suggest you have to improve your manual, make a little bit more elaboration on the items. make a benchmark from other companies manual.

what i want to emphasize here is that we Quality Professional should maintain the integrity and respect given by our peers. even your organization is small please make your manual more professional at least. We are being paid because we can do what other people from other department cannot do.

Top Bottom