Tensile Standards used to Verify a Tensile Testing Machine

K

Ken K

I am looking for a source for dumbell shaped tensile testing standards used to verify a tensile testing machine. These standards are certified to break within a certain range.

QS thing. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks... :confused:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Ken,

My last div. was QS and we pulled lots of tensile samples. As long as our machine was calibrated we were never asked for anything more??????? The one thing we did to prove capability of the machine was to subscribe to a collaborative test group that measured our test results against others. They sent samples to all and collected the results.

Other than that, if you machine several coupons from one source and they all test within limits, you should be fine. I know that this isn't what you are looking for, but it might help you out.

K

krayworth

Ken, do you mean ASTM E1012 alignment verification? This is a calibration standard that is not required for most, and requires more attention than the other, more standard calibration procedures. If ASTM E1012 is what you're looking for, you can ask your calibrator and they can make the tensile specimen for you.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
In the past, it has always been sufficient (to my registrar) to have the load cell calibrated by a qualified provider - if (as krayworth says) it is the elongation standard that needs to be calibrated, your service provider should be able to do that as well.

Top Bottom