Request for clarification on TS 16949 Clause 7.2.2.2

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hello all,
ISO/TS 16949:2009 in clause 7.2.2.2 states:
The organization shall investigate, confirm and document the manufacturing feasibility of the proposed products in the contract review process, including risk analysis.
There are some questions related to this requirement. I would be so grateful if you answer these questions.
1- Does this requirement focus only on manufacturing processes? E.g. this requirement does not require the organization to investigate the ability of the organization to satisfy other customer requirements such as IT or Financial requirements.
2- Does this requirement have any thing more than clause 7.2.2 c.
3- Does doing according to APQP manual paragraph 2-13, satisfy this requirement?
Thanks all.

qusys

Hello all,
ISO/TS 16949:2009 in clause 7.2.2.2 states:
The organization shall investigate, confirm and document the manufacturing feasibility of the proposed products in the contract review process, including risk analysis.
There are some questions related to this requirement. I would be so grateful if you answer these questions.
1- Does this requirement focus only on manufacturing processes? E.g. this requirement does not require the organization to investigate the ability of the organization to satisfy other customer requirements such as IT or Financial requirements.
2- Does this requirement have any thing more than clause 7.2.2 c.
3- Does doing according to APQP manual paragraph 2-13, satisfy this requirement?
Thanks all.

If you apply APQP approach as per AIAG manual, to meet 7.2.2 you should have in place a process ( including records and documents) to assure that you have evaluated the risks of the project. So , to responde to your question , if there are some liability for an IT requirement to produce a new product ( in the sense that it concurs to the feasilibility of the new product) , you shall take it in charge and have in place actions to make you sure that you can say "yes" to the customer request.

For example, if you do an FMEA of the project for a new product introduction, you should have the proper document that is in line with APQP approach.
:bigwave:

Last edited:
D

Daniele Italy

I got the request to have also the risk analysis for the project related to the supplier risks, availability of the raw material, strikes, second location for process machines, interruption of the supply chain and so on.
We had a special FMEA for address this requests.. should we refuse to do this additional because it is not the real :bonk:request of the 7.2.2.2 ?

qusys

No, it is in the right interpretation of 7.2.2.2. The right spirit is in having assessed the manufacturing feasilbility in the process of the contract review, before accepting it for a product to be realized. If you check my previous post, I think that APQP goes towards this way. The organization shall ensure customer of its business continuity .Hope this helps

Top Bottom