8.7.1.4 Control of Reworked Product & 8.7.1.5 Control of Repaired Product

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Do you have a copy of ISO 9000:2015? Definitions and explanations have been moved into that separate standard. From ISO 9000:2015:
rework
action on a nonconforming (3.6.9) product (3.7.6) or service (3.7.7) to make it conform to the requirements (3.6.4)

repair
action on a nonconforming (3.6.9) product (3.7.6) or service (3.7.7) to make it acceptable for the intended use
Intended use is what happens at point of use, or delivery to the customer. Rework is what happens in production, prior to delivery.

Alan2022

Registered
Hello All,

Although there are even "mandatory" procedures as (Rework Procedure — 8.7.1.4 and Repaired Procedure – 8.7.1.5) part of QMS, but my request is next:

Can we exclude these procedures to declare in our Quality Manual we do not have both Rework and Repaired products?

Could you give me your thoughts about it please?

Have a Nice day wherever you are!

Regards!

Thank you.

octavio tarango

Deeply Interested
What is the difference between 8.7.1.4 control of reworked product & 8.7.1.5 control of repaired product?
The difference is what you do to the product.
During a rework, you make the product conform to the requirements, that is, to the specifications of the drawing.
During a repair, you make the product acceptable for its intended use, but not necessarily conform to the requirements; in this situation, customer approval will be required.

octavio tarango

Deeply Interested
Hello All,

Although there are even "mandatory" procedures as (Rework Procedure — 8.7.1.4 and Repaired Procedure – 8.7.1.5) part of QMS, but my request is next:

Can we exclude these procedures to declare in our Quality Manual we do not have both Rework and Repaired products?

Could you give me your thoughts about it please?

Have a Nice day wherever you are!

Regards!

Thank you.
The IATF standard only allows for the exclusion of requirements related to product design and development, specifically in section 8.3. Any such exclusions must be justified somewhere within your QMS.
I'm curious, what do you do with your non-conforming products? Do you scrap them?.

Last edited:

Alan2022

Registered
The IATF standard only allows for the exclusion of requirements related to product design and development, specifically in section 8.3. Any such exclusions must be justified somewhere within your QMS.
I'm curious, what do you do with your non-conforming products? Do you scrap them?.
Thank you. The nonconforming products are: scrap, use as is, return to supplier, and no defect. Appreciated your feedback!

Top Bottom