OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and Run at Rate

H

Hollerith

OEE and Run @ Rate

Can anybody tell me the difference between OEE and R@R ?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the cove.

OEE is a Ford term for Overall Equipment Effectiveness. Ford expect their supplies to measure there equipment according to their defined method.

Do you mean R&R or Run@Rate?

R&R is the measurement of repeatability and reproducability of measurem,ent systems.

Run@Rate is the GM term for an audit of the process including investigation of the ability of the supplier to meet the capacity required. This is called 2 day production by VW.

S

SilverHawk

GM Run@Rate - General Motors GP-9 Procedure

RUN @ RATE (General Motors 'General Procedure' GP-9)

DEFINITION: Physical verification that the production process is capable of producing quality products at quoted production rates.
I just copied from somewhere.

PURPOSE: To reduce risk of failure during start up and acceleration by performing a production Run @ Rate beforehand.

SCOPE: All new part numbers require a Run @ Rate, unless exempted by the Supplier Quality and Purchasing Directors of the procuring division

PROCESS:
* Conduct risk assessment.
* Determine type of Run @ Rate required:
- Supplier monitored
- Customer monitored
* Notify supplier to schedule the Run @ Rate.
* Complete Run @ Rate.
* Follow up and make required improvements

R

Rob Nix

Overall Equipment Effectiveness is a metric that is the product of three measures: 1) Percent of acceptable product, 2) Percent of expected cycle time actually achieved, and 3) Availability, or up-time percentage.

For example: If your product is running 5% defects (95% acceptable), the actual cycle time is 55 seconds when it should be 60 (92% of expected), and the line is down for 20 minutes in a typical 480 minute (8 hr) day (or 95% uptime), THEN the OEE = .95 x .92 x .96 = 84%.

Run @ Rate, according to QCI's Quality Dictionary is " verification that a production process is capable of producing the desired quality at quoted rates ." That seems to indicate a combination of two of the above three factors - quality and production rate - and does not include uptime.

Postscript: Also, a simple Cove search (for OEE & Run at rate) shows good threads and attachments. GM-1960 and GP-9 cover the run-at-rate requirement.

Hope that helps. :bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hollerith

Thank you for your helpfull answers !
We will see, if JAGUAR will accept my OEE ;)

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I have found this file.
Maybe it will help.

Attachments

• oeecalculation.zip
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,206
Top Bottom