Definition LCS - What does LCS mean as it relates to purchasing of material?

D

dbulak

Does anyone know what LCS means as it relates to the purchasing of material?

K

Kevo25

Re: What does LCS mean as it relates to the purchasing of material?

dbulak ,

If your dealing with Pratt and Whitney, or the product your are supplying is pratt end use, they want it to be lcs certified. Lcs stands for Labratory control at source, its basically a requirement of pratt for all their incoming product to arrive to their dock to be certified in the following ways:

Dimensionally to print
Testing standards and processes ect in regards to their Pratt spec PWA 300. I dont know if this helps or not, but if you need more info just let me know, I just came back from a Pratt LCS training course.

K

Kevo25

Oops...didnt see how old this message was..my bad.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

When we are discussing definitions the date is irrelevant

Thanks for adding to our knowledge

:bigwave:

J

john.alloy

dbulak ,

If your dealing with Pratt and Whitney, or the product your are supplying is pratt end use, they want it to be lcs certified. Lcs stands for Labratory control at source, its basically a requirement of pratt for all their incoming product to arrive to their dock to be certified in the following ways:

Dimensionally to print
Testing standards and processes ect in regards to their Pratt spec PWA 300. I dont know if this helps or not, but if you need more info just let me know, I just came back from a Pratt LCS training course.
Hi Kevo,
I am going for a LCS training in October. Can you please help me with some advices. Your response is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

L

llqual

Hi! I was curious if you could provide some additional information to the requirements. The customer is flowing down this requirement, but I don't know how to comply. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Top Bottom