ISO9001 vs. TS16949 vs. AS9100 - What are the Differences?

G

Garry

Can anyone out there point me to a list that shows the relation ship between TS16949 and AS9100A...what is the difference or even what is the difference from ISO9001:2000 to AS9100A? I know, I can buy the standard (already ordered) but I have seen many good standard comparisons in this cove and elsewhere.

Thanks

B

BadgerMan

When you receive your copy of AS 9100a, it will be very easy to see the relationship with ISO 9001:2000. The ISO requirements are in regular text and the additional AS requirments are bolded.

Sorry, but I cannot help you on the TS 16949 spec. I have some experience with QS 9000 from years gone by but no experience with the TS spec. My hunch is that the AS 9100a standard is not as comprehensive as TS 16949.

Any takers? Anybody working both sides of the tracks?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I've never found one that really met my needs, so I decided to create one of my own. I sat down for a looooooong time and created a spreadsheet (this is great stuff to do while sitting in airports and such). It contains all of the requirements side-by-side of ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949:2002, AS9100A, and DIS 13485. What I find is that it's very unwieldy at comparing the standards as a whole, but if I'm looking at a specific area it's much quicker than flipping back and forth between the standards. I'll post in a few minutes with another version...

Attachments

• standard comparison matrix.xls
    164 KB · Views: 7,760

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
OK, this next one is a much better comparison (IMO), but it's not yet finished. In this one, I took the same four standards and did a plain english translation of the differences. In the ISO 9001:2000 column it only lists the section titles. In the columns for each standard, it lists only the differences from 9001. It's completed through 7.3.4.

One of these days I'd like to finish it - unless one of you wants to do it for me and post it here again! :D While you're at it, why don't you add in 14001, 17025, and OHSAS 18000. :vfunny:

Attachments

• standard comparison matrix (summary).xls
    50 KB · Views: 4,661
I

ISO Cheesy

Howste,

My check is in the mail to down load files....

do you think you could e-mail your attachements? I'm very new to the AS standard and could use all the help I can get.

Thank you so much!:bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

ISO Cheesy

Originally posted by howste
(this is great stuff to do while sitting in airports and such).

These are GREAT...you really must spend a lot of time in airports!

Thanks Again:D

G

Garry

Howste

This file is GREAT...., just exactly what I was looking for. It will be of great help to me because I haven't got time to compare all these lengthy standard documents.

I don't understand why these standards organisations can't "standardize" it and provide these comparisons since they all use the same set of principles anyway.

Your file is just wonderful....thanks very much mate

Garry

Top Bottom