Z10 Occupational Health and Safety Standard - Has anyone seen the final version?

B

BSMITH

I read that the printed version of the final Z10 Occupational Health and Safety Standard is now available. Has anyone seen the final version; how does it compare to the last draft? Do you have any observations on how it compares to OHSAS 18001?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Glad to see you survived Katrina and Rita (so far) I hope your family and friends fared as well.

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep! I have a copy right off the press as we speak. In some ways it's as strong or stronger than 18K and in others its not as strong. I'm working up a better response for posting in a few days.

B

BSMITH

Survived Katrina and Rita

Wes Bucey said:
Glad to see you survived Katrina and Rita (so far) I hope your family and friends fared as well.

We were some of the lucky ones, with no flooding in Metairie (eastern part of Jefferson Parish) and only tree limbs down, and, of course, dead refrigerator contents. After 20 days in Houston with my parents (yes, you can go back home again, but it isn't the same), my wife, daughter, and dog are back home again as of a little over a week ago.

Some of our firends, relatives, and my co-workers lost everything, because they lived in New Orleans or in other areas with 5 to 10 feet of water. Most will re-settle back in the area, but some are moving. Real estate in the areas that stayed dry are now at a premium; for example, evacuees have driven up many house sales in Baton Rouge by 30% or more.

The New Orleans area is very strange right now, with some areas still flooded, others now dry after up to 10 - 12 feet of water, many areas still without power, and a lot of wind damage.

I can't go back to work again until October 3 when they finish the repairs to my office building, because of roof and other damage. There are only a few grocery stores, restaurants, and businesss now open. Many areas you can't drive past because the water levels are still too high.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
A legal perspective on ANSI Z10

An article on ANSI Z10 is attached.

Attachments

• ArticleaboutZ10LegalPerspectives.pdf
    126.2 KB · Views: 387
S

Sayed Saad

Dear Collegues
for any one have a soft copy of Z10 Standard, please attache it your reply

Thanks in advance

Randy

Super Moderator
Dear Collegues
for any one have a soft copy of Z10 Standard, please attache it your reply

Thanks in advance

Why would you want it to begin with? It's an "American" standard and the rest of the civilized world is using OHSAS 18001, an international standard.

Top Bottom