Quality in Outsourcing - Survey - October 2008

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Dear fellow professional,

You may have read the August 2008 Quality Progress article* titled “In the Know - Quality in Outsourcing.” Based on positive feedback, we plan to expand this content into a Quality Press book covering manufacturing, software, service, process, knowledge and other areas of outsourcing. Recent presentation on the subject at ASQ Silicon Valley monthly program is attached.

So that we can better address the topic, would you please help us understand your experience with outsourcing by taking the following 30-question survey? While we have tried to keep the survey short, we have included a free-text field for you to write about the unique situations and issues you face.

Your answers will be kept anonymous. However, if you are willing to disclose your name, we will acknowledge you in our book. We sincerely thank you for this support.

You can find the survey in the ASQ knowledge Center page:

Direct Link to the survey

I welcome our Elsmar COVE members to participate in this survey and provide your thoughts. Also please feel free to forward the survey link to your management, outsourcing team, supply chain function in your organization and encourage participation.

Thanks,
Govind.

* ASQ Membership not required. But require a registration (FREE) to access the article.

Attachments

• quality_in_outsourcing.pdf
    753.4 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
G

Gordon Clarke

Govind,
Thanks for the vote of confidence but my knowledge on outsourcing is very limited. However I will look at the survey and, if I feel I can contribute, fill it out as best I can. My contribution to the thread has been based mainly on common sense (hopefuly I have some) and dealings with China.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Govind,
Thanks for the vote of confidence but my knowledge on outsourcing is very limited. However I will look at the survey and, if I feel I can contribute, fill it out as best I can. My contribution to the thread has been based mainly on common sense (hopefuly I have some) and dealings with China.

Gordon,
Thanks. Your input is welcome. Even if you are not currently involved in outsourcing, the survey allows you provide information from your past experience. Your dealing with China will come in handy during survey completion.
Regards,
Govind.

G

Gordon Clarke

Gordon,
Thanks. Your input is welcome. Even if you are not currently involved in outsourcing, the survey allows you provide information from your past experience. Your dealing with China will come in handy during survey completion.
Regards,
Govind.

I've replied to your survey as promised. I've included my name and address etc. - not so much for the "formal recognition" as more so you'll know how to get in touch if any of my replies need or generate follow-up :D

I write this with a smile - as usual with a "standard" questionaire, not all answers can be fitted neatly into the correct "box" :cool:
As a whole it was easy to fill out and I hope you get a good response :)

R

ralphsulser

I took the survey this afternoon, but did not provide my name or company due to proprietary info may have been detrimental to us, or me:mg:

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I took the survey this afternoon, but did not provide my name or company due to proprietary info may have been detrimental to us, or me:mg:

Ralph,
Thanks. I understand that you cannot mention your name due to your business policy rules. I will take your word and acknowledge in the book.
I need more support from our ELSMAR COVERS. So far I have only 15 completed responses since Thursday.
Thanks,
Govind.

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Govind,

I completed the survey referencing a former employer's outsourcing practices. Hopefully, you will continue to gather more responses from other Covers.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide input. :bigwave:

G

Gordon Clarke

Govind,

I completed the survey referencing a former employer's outsourcing practices. Hopefully, you will continue to gather more responses from other Covers.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide input. :bigwave:

The last sentence is, to me, rather unusual but very refreshing ;)
Thanking for being allowed to help. It reminds me in part of the old Kennedy speech. "Ask not what your country can do for you, etc. etc."
For any sceptics reading this - there is DEFINATELY no sarcasm intended here.

A

Adarsh

Hello Govind,

My knowledge with regards to Outsourcing is limited.

I did complete the survey based on my knowledge about the policies and procedures of the organization I am work for.

Hope it helps, and let me know if you have any questions regarding my responses.

Thanks,
Adarsh.

Top Bottom