Providing Evidence of Compliance to MIL-I-45208A and ISO 9001:2008

S

silentrunning

A potential customer has asked if we would provide evidence of compliance to MIL-I-45208A. After reviewing the specification I feel comfortable that we are in compliance by means of our ISO 9001:2008 quality program. Would it be proper to design a matrix showing where each shall clause is addressed in our Quality Procedures Manual and then use our Internal Audits as evidence? This is something totally new to me, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

S

Sturmkind

Re: MIL-I-45208A and ISO 9001:2008

Hi, Silent!

Your plan of a matrix seems thoughtful and would may be a valuable communication with your customer which could highlight any potential disconnects. Great Idea!

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions

That would be a smart move. Also, remember that MIL-I-45208 is cancelled, and MIL-I-45208’s latest revision is MIL-I-45208A2, stating in 1.2.3 Options “ISO 9001 and Q9001 are alternative model quality system requirements to this specification…” “Upon Government approval, the contractor may elect to substitute the requirements of ISO 9001 … for the requirements of this specification”

Your plan of showing compliance through cross-referencing is a really good idea, IMHO.

One would hope the customer is asking you to show compliance to very basic QC, and your ability to show a modern quality management system is in place will be to their satisfaction.

Solinas

Involved In Discussions
Your cross-reference idea is perfect.

I would never, under any circumstances, let internal audit results leave the factory. I always consider them company proprietary and confidential. If you let them out, you'll never know who see them, and who may therefore draw wrong conclusions from them.

Internal audit results can be reviewed by customers during an audit, but they will not be allowed to take copies.

Mike

G

George Weiss

“ISO 9001 and Q9001 are alternative model quality system requirements to this specification…” “Upon Government approval, the contractor may elect to substitute the requirements of ISO 9001 … for the requirements of this specification”

Mil-std 45208A amendment 2 , 3 November 1995
This can be viewed @
http://www.precisionhermetic.com/pdf/Mil-I_45208_Amendment.pdf
or
https://elsmar.com/pdf_files/Military Standards/Mil-I-45208.pdf

or get a copy of MIL STD 45208A amendment 2 @
ATTACHED.

If the customer asks.

EDIT: SOME LINKS UPDATED AND BROKEN LINKS FIXED.

Attachments

• MIL-I-45208A_AMENDMENT-2.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom