Measuring Minor Diameter of external thread

D

dunn2k

We are currently using ring gauges to measure an external MJ22 x 1.5 4g/6g thread. I have been informed that ring gauges aren't designed to check the minor diamter of the thread and so was seeking a method of doing this accurately.

Minor diameter size spec as per ISO5855-1:1999 std is 20.055 - 20.236 with a Rmax of 0.181. I was think of some kind of caliper thread gauge or an ultra thin gap gauge!? Any advice would be appreciate along with where to get items from if you do have any suggestions :) thanks all

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
We are currently using ring gauges to measure an external MJ22 x 1.5 4g/6g thread. I have been informed that ring gauges aren't designed to check the minor diamter of the thread and so was seeking a method of doing this accurately.

Minor diameter size spec as per ISO5855-1:1999 std is 20.055 - 20.236 with a Rmax of 0.181. I was think of some kind of caliper thread gauge or an ultra thin gap gauge!? Any advice would be appreciate along with where to get items from if you do have any suggestions :) thanks all
Your question was answered yesterday here. It's best not to post the same question in two different places; if you post once, someone will see it and respond, and if the question isn't in the right forum, a moderator will usually move it for you.

Top Bottom