EN 980:2008(E) - Graphical Symbols for Labeling Medical Devices

J

jjcontrol

I need this standard "EN 980:2008(E)-Graphical symbols for use in the labeling of medical devices" Can someone help me with this?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: EN 980:2008(E)-Graphical symbols for use in the labeling of medical devices

I need this standard "EN 980:2008(E)-Graphical symbols for use in the labeling of medical devices" Can someone help me with this?

Welcome to the cove

Regarding your request, EN 980 is copyright document and we strictly do not encourage exchangeof copyrighted documents.

You could get EN 980:2008 from various sources like BSI or any other sources.

V

vinqua

Hi JJerez,
You can order it from Tech Street...

J

jjcontrol

Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jjcontrol

:agree1:Dear Vinqua,

Thank you for your information, I went to Tech Stree web page and I ordered the EN 980:2008....

W

Woman on a mission

Before I invest in a copy does anyone know if there is a symbol in the EN980:2008 to show when a product must be disposed of after opening? The jar symbol with the time in months inside the jar is perfect but I believe this is only for cosmetics and may not be used on medical device packaging. I have written to the MHRA and am awaiting a reply, I thought maybe this forum could answer quicker. Many thanks

G

gar4guv

there is an hourglass symbol for "Use By"

the notes state: "the symbol is intended to indicate that the device should not be used after the end of the month shown or the day, if applicable."

W

Woman on a mission

there is an hourglass symbol for "Use By"

the notes state: "the symbol is intended to indicate that the device should not be used after the end of the month shown or the day, if applicable."
Thanks for your reply, I have this symbol ready for when the new MDD comes into play, but the use by date is the shelf life, I need something which depicts a symbol which shows that the patient needs to throw away the device 6 months after opening the package, which is different to the ´use by´ date. Much the same concept as the open jar on the cosmetic packaging, if this makes sense, :thanx:

M

MIREGMGR

AFAIK, no such symbol is generally recognized.

Note that if you intend to distribute in the US, symbolic communication without an associated text message is highly restricted by the FDA anyway.

bio_subbu

Super Moderator

Thanks for your reply, I have this symbol ready for when the new MDD comes into play, but the use by date is the shelf life, I need something which depicts a symbol which shows that the patient needs to throw away the device 6 months after opening the package, which is different to the ´use by´ date. Much the same concept as the open jar on the cosmetic packaging, if this makes sense, :thanx:

Hi

Find attached guidance document “NB-MED/2.2/Rec3, “Use-by“ date for Medical Devices” Hope, this guidance will give better idea.

Thanks and Regards
S. Subramaniam

Attachments

• NB-MED2_2 Rec3.pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 244
Top Bottom