AIAG PPAP Manual Fourth Edition will be available exclusively from AIAG March 1, 2006

• Thread starter Gilberto - 2009
  • Start date
G

Gilberto - 2009

Well,

Somebody knows when goes to be applied the new edition of the PPAP ?

If somebody already knows ! it could inform me if for material in bulk it had many alterations or if it had a bigger approach ?

:thanx:

D

D.Scott

Check the bottom of this page for threads with similar topics. There are a couple there that may tell you what you need to know.

Dave

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Gilberto said:
Well,

Somebody knows when goes to be applied the new edition of the PPAP ?

If somebody already knows ! it could inform me if for material in bulk it had many alterations or if it had a bigger approach ?

:thanx:

The official word is that the 4th Edition will be coming your way in the first quarter of 2006, and unofficially I've heard (from a usually reliable source) February. As AIAG has proven it can't get out of its own way so far, I'll believe them when I see it.

From what I've been able to gather (and this is unofficial) the only change in the bulk material requirements will be that the Bulk Materials Checklist will not be one of the standard PPAP elements (which makes sense, because it shouldn't have been one to begin with).

The most significant changes appear to be the removal of the entire customer-specific requirements section (users will be directed to iaob.org or individual customer websites for that information) and a change in the cusstomer notification requirements; exclusions/exceptions have been removed, apparently making it mandatory to notify customers of any process changes.

I suppose almost anything now proposed might change, so stay tuned.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
PPAP Fourth Edition now promised for Mar 1, 06

JSW05 said:
The official word is that the 4th Edition will be coming your way in the first quarter of 2006, and unofficially I've heard (from a usually reliable source) February..

From todays AIAG update:

Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Fourth Edition: This document defines generic requirements for production part approval, including production and bulk materials. The purpose of PPAP is to determine if all customer engineering design record and specification requirements are properly understood by the supplier and that the process has the potential to produce product consistently meeting these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate. The PPAP Fourth Edition will be available exclusively from AIAG March 1, 2006.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Caster said:

From todays AIAG update:

Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Fourth Edition: This document defines generic requirements for production part approval, including production and bulk materials. The purpose of PPAP is to determine if all customer engineering design record and specification requirements are properly understood by the supplier and that the process has the potential to produce product consistently meeting these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate. The PPAP Fourth Edition will be available exclusively from AIAG March 1, 2006.

Seeing is believing;)

Top Bottom