ISO 10002:2004 - Customer Satisfaction - Customer Complaint Procedure

C

chenjerry

Dear all,

In the coming year, we'll upgrade the existing customer complaint procedure compliance with ISO10002:2004.

Would you please give me any proposals or examples, esp. the KPI setting on it? Or, best practice and lesson-learned.

Thank you!
Sincerely yours,

chenjerry
Shanghai
China

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Synopsis:

ISO 10002:2004 - Quality management. Customer satisfaction. Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations

Published On 05/08/04

ISO 10002:2004 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.

ISO 10002:2004 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes.

It is also intended for use by organizations of all sizes and in all sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for small businesses.

ISO 10002:2004 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:

-- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization's ability to improve its product and customer service;

-- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;

-- recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;

-- providing complainants with an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints process;

-- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;

-- auditing of the complaints-handling process;

-- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.

ISO 10002:2004 is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.

Cross Ref: ISO9000:2000, ISO9001:2000, ISO9004:2000, ISO19011:2002, ISO/IEC Guide 71:2001

Replaces: BS8600:1999

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Would you please give me any proposals or examples, esp. the KPI setting on it? Or, best practice and lesson-learned.
I had a presentation available @ this post. You have to be careful about KPI's for this process because the indicators you use must be appropriate to your type of product, industry sector, etc... For example, if you are in the consumer goods sector, chances are, you will have to have a very different complaint handling procedure if you were a law firm. But you could have objectives, such as (for example):
  • acknowledge the receipt of a complaint in less than 24 hours
  • complaints over US$10,000 to be individually responded to by company president
  • internal audit of the complaint handling process to be accomplished twice a year.

C

chipollinij

Hi,

I am new at the ISO standards. I need to put together a Customer/consumer complaint management process with procedures for a food manufacturer. I understand that ISO has standards (ISO 10002-3). I would like to know if you can help me get started. Also, could you advise on the best way to get ISO literate.
thank you

J

jocelle

Hi

I'm currently making a procedure on customer complaints handling.

Can anybody PLEASE give me a copy of ISO 10002:2004? I can't download it from the Internet.

Thanks much!

Jocele

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome Jocelle,

Unfortunately, all standards published by ISO are copyrighted. You'll have to purchase it from them. Meanwhile, if you combine both the attachments in this thread (post #4&3), you should be able to have an idea what the standard is about.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
This pdf/ppt presentation from a google search should give you a much better idea.

Attachments

• Presentation - iso 10002.pdf
    853.2 KB · Views: 1,457

6thsense

Involved In Discussions
Hie Covers,

Well i got audits after me and things are hectic.

We have been having serious problems with the following Consumer Response program and would be most grateful if you could tear it apart so that I aline it with ISO10002. Help with the Questionnaire for Consumer Surveys will also be a welcome.:read:

Attachments

• consumerresponse.pdf
    605.7 KB · Views: 1,005
Top Bottom