API Q2 Specification - QMS (Oil & Gas Industry Aftermarket)

lynfern

Starting to get Involved
Guys,

Can we kick-starting this discussion about API Spec. Q2?

I heared that our organization will be integrated our aftermarket business in the Global level basied on the API Q2 Specification. Pls. share the information about this specification.

------------
Barry

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Another quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

B

bluepagen

I have only just now viewed this spec. We are Q1 certified and hold 3 licenses, but just now starting to read it. It is titled as the Spec for QMS requirements for service supply orgs for the petro and natural gas industries. dated as first edition december 2011. Will review and see what it says.

Attachments

• API Q2.pdf
    691.3 KB · Views: 3,825
B

Bud Weightman

Gents, API Spec. Q2 was an industry mitigation effort post Macondo / Deepwater Horizon tragedy in 2010.

API Spec. Q1, Specification for Quality Programs for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry, Eighth Edition (addenda 1) is aligned with ISO 9001 has many more requirements. It is also known as ISO TS 29001 which is Q1 without Annex A (requirements for applying the API Monogram).

The API Spec. Q2 initiative begain circa September 2010 and was published in December 2011; it is entitled: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organization for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries.

Think Q1 for manufacturing / think Q2 for services. Although a quality management system can be certified to Q1, it is mostly tied to the American Petroleum Institute's (API's) Monogram Program and licensing to use their product specifications.

Q2 was initially meant for the Gulf of Mexico, but interest has soared internationally. If you think about it, it continues where product quality (Q1) leaves off.

Q2's Application states in part "...It is intended to apply to the execution of upstream services during exploration, development and production in the oil and gas industry. This includes activities involved in oil and gas well construction, intervention, production, and abandonment. This document applies to activities associated with well servicing, equipment repair/maintenance, and inspection activities...."

Realistically, Q2 could apply to drillling, cemmenting, fracing, running casing, well logging, etc. While the certification requirements have not yet been set in stone, industry studies are in process and an announcement will be forthcoming as to "when" an organization will be able to apply for certification.

D

Del Foster

Guys,

Can we kick-starting this discussion about API Spec. Q2?

I heared that our organization will be integrated our aftermarket business in the Global level basied on the API Q2 Specification. Pls. share the information about this specification.

------------
Barry
I managed to meet briefly this week with a key indivdual at API to learn more about Q2 as well as what may be going on with EPA and their concerns about frac water chemicals and the practice of storing the back water in ponds rather than in containers, etc. I am a consultant and ISO 9001 lead auditor trying to help a client with new technology designed to treat frac water and eliminate those problems obtain Q2 registration. I too am interested in more discussion and planning for Q2. Count me in. Del Foster

B

Bud Weightman

Hi Barry,

The Q2 effort began in late 2010 as a post Deepwater Horizon mitigation effort. The document was published in December 2011 and is available at standards distribution oranizations such as http://www.ihs.com/ and www.techstreet.com .

Q2 can be used for any service company be it onshore or offshore. The driving force about whether or not to conform to Q2 will be self initiated by the oilfiled service community or through the O&G operating companies.

The interests for Q2 are high. Interested parties have begun to implement their management system internallly. However, the ability to certify to Q2 most likely will not available until sometime early next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Jim

Admin
Hi Barry,

The Q2 effort began in late 2010 as a post Deepwater Horizon mitigation effort. The document was published in December 2012 and is available at standards distribution oranizations such as http://www.ihs.com/ and www.techstreet.com .

Q2 can be used for any service company be it onshore or offshore. The driving force about whether or not to conform to Q2 will be self initiated by the oilfiled service community or through the O&G operating companies.

The interests for Q2 are high. Interested parties have begun to implement their management system internallly. However, the ability to certify to Q2 most likely will not available until sometime early next year.

I'm sure you must mean December 2011 since December 2012 has not happened yet.

Top Bottom