Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsRedundancy between Process risks and Process Performance indicatorsThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Redundancy between Process risks and Process Performance indicators
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Redundancy between Process risks and Process Performance indicators - Page 2

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
performance indicators, processes (general), risk and opportunities

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 15th February 2018, 03:52 AM
Ragnarok

Total Posts: 24
Re: Redundancy between Process risks and Process Performance indicators

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by isolytical View Post

IMHO, you are correct a 'redundancy' seems to exist. To me the PPI/target is the mitigation and/or measure for the mitigation.
Perhaps too much is placed into the SLA - which may be limited to targets.

A risk exists in failure to meet a process objective. So an internal document identifying process objectives, as failures, may remove redundancy.
Can you please give an example of what that internal document would contain ? any example would do

Thanks

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 15th February 2018, 03:22 PM
isolytical

Total Posts: 23

What I can do and keep within my established constraints is this.
Very generally, before letting an SLA a/o contract an internal document exists to define the SLA a/o contract (sub) processes. It identifies opportunities, risks, and failures in those (sub) processes. It quantifies operational risks with an aim to develop responses, mitigations, or accept, as is risk. The overall risk impact on service provision results when purposely applied.
In the original question, risk applied to targets, rather than to processes. And, the results were not expressed in terms that management understands.
The importance of understanding the above-described process rises above viewing a completed document.
  Post Number #11  
Old 16th February 2018, 12:16 AM
Ragnarok

Total Posts: 24

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by isolytical View Post

What I can do and keep within my established constraints is this.
Very generally, before letting an SLA a/o contract an internal document exists to define the SLA a/o contract (sub) processes. It identifies opportunities, risks, and failures in those (sub) processes. It quantifies operational risks with an aim to develop responses, mitigations, or accept, as is risk. The overall risk impact on service provision results when purposely applied.
In the original question, risk applied to targets, rather than to processes. And, the results were not expressed in terms that management understands.
The importance of understanding the above-described process rises above viewing a completed document.
I was not asking to see a completed document ,i was asking to see an EXAMPLE, as in ONE RISK or ONE opportunity to see what you meant

because frankly the above post is a bit confusing ...

Do you mean that if I phrase the risk as " Risk of losing customer because we are not abiding by promised service levels" it would be better ? How is that better ? i was classifying my "Not abiding by SLA" by rating its possible impact which included "risk of losing customer"

anyway thanks for the answers ...I will keep racking my brains
  Post Number #12  
Old 16th February 2018, 09:53 AM
isolytical

Total Posts: 23

Agree that many of these concepts are confusing at first. With some study they should become clearer. Specific examples are good, but hesitation exists to prevent a RM process that does not fit the organization.

Let me ask, without trying to embarrass, does a process based on RM training or acquired knowledge exist in the organization? Understanding begins with defining the RM process first. An example of that applied to the 'SLA' process is the purpose of '. . . define the SLA a/o contract (sub) processes', above.

"Risk of losing customer because we are not abiding by promised service levels", while seemingly a risk, is not useful (redundant) and not derived from a process step. What is(are) the operational risk(s)? A greater benefit to the organization is to identify the risks in establishing, maintaining / meeting the promised service levels.

Perhaps re-wording of this 'risk' into two, which are actually implied in the statement will serve. Think of these instead 1) 'failure to retain customer', and, 2) 'failure to maintain service level a', b, c, . . . however many exist.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >