Paint Procedure on How to Mix Paint and Water wanted

R

Ron Tollett

We are a pallet company and spray paint on stringers as requested by the Customer. Was inquiring if anyone would have a procedure on how to mix paint and water? Thanks

T

Ted Schmitt

We are a pallet company and spray paint on stringers as requested by the Customer. Was inquiring if anyone would have a procedure on how to mix paint and water? Thanks

I imagine it would depend on what kind of coating you need and the thickness of the coating and also the purpose of the paint... are there any paint specs defined by your customer ? Do you have to perform thickness test, adherance tests ? (not sure of the test names as I am translating them from Portuguese freely).

The paint manufacturer should also be able to inform correct mixtures and proportions based on customer specs and purpose of the paint coating.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
having run spraying projects before and as a model builder that paints with an airbrush in my spare time...

Viscosity is the key.
Find the best viscocity for your equipment and air pressure.
Amount of thinning agent needed will vary from batch to batch of paint so the best check is for viscocity and not a documented ratio. You can buy a viscometer and train people pretty easily, but experienced painters will know by feel.
I've used these in the past, not for paints but it will do:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKFIELD-LVF-...820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb809b1b4

For my airbrushing my viscocity test is a dab of the thinned paint on a vertical surface. If it runs like whole milk runs, it's good for my airbrush and operating pressure for general painting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom