GM's Bob Lutz is retiring at year-end

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Jamie LaReau DETROIT -- General Motors product czar and often colorful spokesman, Bob Lutz, will retire at the end of this year.
Lutz, 76, is currently GM's vice chairman of global product development. In a statement on GM's Website, the company said Lutz will become a vice chairman and senior advisor on April 1.
Lutz will provide "strategic input into GM's global design and key product initiatives until his retirement at the end of 2009." Lutz will continue to report to CEO Rick Wagoner.
Tom Stephens will replace Lutz as vice chairman of global product development. Stephens, 60, will report to COO Fritz Henderson. Stephens is presently executive vice president of Global Powertrain and Global Quality. In this new assignment, Stephens will maintain his responsibility for overseeing GM's global quality activity.
"Bob Lutz was already a legendary automotive product guy when he rejoined GM in 2001," Wagoner said in the statement. "He's added to that by leading the creation of a string of award-winning vehicles for GM during his time here. His 46 years of experience in the global automotive business have been invaluable to us."

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
He has made a few bucks over the years. I'd be jumping ship too if I had the kind of money he has earned. If I reach 76 years old I don't want to be working like he has. Time to relax. Not to mention the current climate in GM's business.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
He has made a few bucks over the years. I'd be jumping ship too if I had the kind of money he has earned. If I reach 76 years old I don't want to be working like he has. Time to relax. Not to mention the current climate in GM's business.

True. And I don't think the industry is heading into an area that really interests him. :cool:

M

Mrs Roy

I drive a GM product that I absolutely love, so "Thank you" Bob!!

Top Bottom