Question for those who have completed Transition Audit for ISO 9001

S

Sigvadr

Hello everyone :bigwave: !!

I have a question for those who have already completed their transition audit for the 2015 standard. When being audited what were the differences in which leadership was handled by your registrar auditor?

Where VP's, CFO, ect. all audited if they where available? I am currently contracted to help a company transition from 2008 to 2015 and all top management are off campus.

I am unsure as to how much the project/facility manager should understand of the quality system in regards to the 2015 changes. He is very green on even the 2008 standard and new to the position, I have been asked to give him a crash course on quality management as they haven't had a QA manager for a little over a year. I had planned to give everyone an updated crash course near the end of my transition for them. I am just unsure as to how focused other auditors have been on leadership/management.

Any other new activities or areas of interest registrar auditors have been focusing on that you have noticed compared to 2008 standard audits would also be very helpful if you have any.

I appreciate you reading this and thank anyone in advance for any response given.

Kind regards! :bonk:

T

Tyler C

Hi Sigvadr. I have not been through the transition yet, so I don't know how registrars are acting during the transition. So this is just based on the standard itself.

In the 2015 version, they have removed the requirement for a Management Representative, and instead allowed companies to put this responsibility on all of top management. However, it is not a requirement to get rid of the Management Rep.

So, I think it depends. If the company you are working with has a Management Rep, then I don't think there will be much focus on top management, so long as you can provide evidence that the Management Rep is meeting all requirements of section 5 of the standard. If there is no Management Rep, then yes, I think top management would need to be present.

I also feel there will be a lot of focus on how companies have sufficiently met requirements of Risk-Based Thinking and Organizational Knowledge (the two biggest changes from 2008 to 2015).

I hope this helps, and good luck with the transition.

Big Jim

Admin
I don't know about all certification bodies, but the ones I have encountered have several questions in their workbook for the auditors to ask the leadership group. It is assumed that leadership is a group, not an individual most of the time so it is expected that most of the time a group will be interviewed, not an individual.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Hello everyone :bigwave: !!

I have a question for those who have already completed their transition audit for the 2015 standard. When being audited what were the differences in which leadership was handled by your registrar auditor?

Where VP's, CFO, ect. all audited if they where available? I am currently contracted to help a company transition from 2008 to 2015 and all top management are off campus.

I am unsure as to how much the project/facility manager should understand of the quality system in regards to the 2015 changes. He is very green on even the 2008 standard and new to the position, I have been asked to give him a crash course on quality management as they haven't had a QA manager for a little over a year. I had planned to give everyone an updated crash course near the end of my transition for them. I am just unsure as to how focused other auditors have been on leadership/management.

Any other new activities or areas of interest registrar auditors have been focusing on that you have noticed compared to 2008 standard audits would also be very helpful if you have any.

I appreciate you reading this and thank anyone in advance for any response given.

Kind regards! :bonk:

What I have done is have a Teleconference with the Management that are offsite, out-of-state and so forth.

If you are able to provide this, I feel that it would be sufficient. Just my opinion.

metsmark

Registered
Hello,

We split our transition into 2 visits by our registrar. The first was last month and the auditor spent a substantial amount of time with our President and Vice President. His questions were all related to the new requirements, strategic direction, context of organization, interested parties, risk and opportunities, etc. As well as old requirements, quality policy, objectives, etc. We held meetings with our P and VP to help establish the new requirements and also refreshed them prior to the audit, so they were both well versed when asked questions about their responsibilities...:rolleyes:

A

anders.kemper

We had our transision in April (I have some minors to fix). But focus was on strategic planing as markmets wtites. My CEO was not at site this time and it was not a problem ( I didn't like it). Before the transision the CEO was involved together with top management in the strategic planing.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
We are a very small company so pretty much everyone was audited. The focus was on leadership and those with that authority though!

Top Bottom