Temperature/Humidity inside a store

B

bi-lo

I emailed my lessor requesting for cancellation of the existing air-conditioning charges because it's hot inside my store. It's not worth that I am being charged for something which I do not enjoy. In addition, I told them to remove the A/C Service at all so that it will not reflect on future bills. The Leasing Manager responded saying that I signed and conformed the lease proposal, thus, I have to abide with it. Yes, the Lease Agreement says that there?s an AC charge, but my problem is it?s hot inside my store. I?m planning to bring a temperature check and invite them to measure the actual temperature. What is the acceptable operating temperature? I know that it will vary from country to country and the time of the year, but what?s the temperature (___ ?C) so that they can say there?s a functioning A/C? I?d like to escalate this matter to their top management. I would greatly appreciate any advice so that I could get the approval of the top management on my requests.

Thanks in advance!

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Re: Temperature/Humidity

21-22?C is considered comfortable for people engaged in some level of physical activity. If an AC installation can't maintain a temperature under 25?C, I'd say that it's functionally deficient. However, expectations should be adjusted according to the outside environment and building materials in use.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Temperature/Humidity

...and to the volume of your room as compared to the capacity of the AC.
Any leakages ?
Assess this to check if you need to install an other AC.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
Most A/C equipment is rated for a room volume (among other factors). If you can access the A/C equipment that is used then you might be able to find out the volume it is expected to cope with online at either the manufacturer's website or the website of a company that sells them. Just an idea. If the A/C unit is not sufficient take a copy of the spec for it and perhaps the management (senior or current level that you are talking to) might respond appropriately. It is not really that simple but it could be a starting point to get evidence to support you.

B

bi-lo

Thanks for the responses. I don't know if they want to make the entire building/mall bearable or comfortable for shoppers. Some areas or businesses owned by the lessor e.g. department store, supermarket, etc are the coolest, but leases areas are the hottest. Fewer shoppers visit the hot shops. Still, they charged us (leases) air-conditioning. I don't know if it is the lessor's strategy or they look at it from economic point of view.

BradM

Leader
Admin
There is a thermostat somewhere controlling the AC unit.
1) place a thermometer beside the thermometer to see if it is close; 1-3 F should be close enough.
2) turn the thermostat all the way down and see if the room gets cool. If it doesn't the unit is not going to be acceptable.
3) I'd the AC Is working OK, the. There are other factors causing the heat.

Most AC people check the discharge temperature at the vent. The air should be cold.

T

Transmpair

Hello,
The Society's mission is to promote the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design ...

Top Bottom