AIAG PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Manual Fourth Edition Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaySturgeon

I understand that a Fourth Edition to the PPAP Manual is about to be released. Anyone care to comment?

Jay Sturgeon

B

Bob_M

JaySturgeon said:
I understand that a Fourth Edition to the PPAP Manual is about to be released. Anyone care to comment?

Jay Sturgeon
Since we don't actually have a copy yet, I guess I'll wait to get one. :biglaugh:

Jay do you know what they've changed? We don't submit to often, so at the moment I don't care much...

J

JaySturgeon

May Be Hear Say

Howard,

I heard it from a consultant.

He referenced a brochure he received from AIAG for a conference (Auto Tech) coming up in August I went to the site: wwwaiag.org/autotech/ab and found the brochure. On page 8 for Thursday 8/28/03 it has under (Quality) an "Update on PPAP Fourth Edition" listed. That is all I know. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this.

Jay

:bonk:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I tried searching the AIAG site and the only reference I found was

The T&HE (Truck and Heavy Equipment Group Quality Work Group ) Specific Section within the upcoming Fourth Edition PPAP will need to be addressed with changes and additions. They are specific to how T&HE OEMs and their suppliers work with PPAP. The Quality Work Group of the Truck & Heavy Equipment Group will be working on changes and additions to the T&HE Specific Section to be included in the Fourth Edition PPAP Manual.
Has anyone any more info, search better than me.

A

Al Dyer

Pso

Along the same lines and behind the 8-ball as usaul, but I can't find any info on the Chrysler PSO Manual 4th Edition. Can anybody give me some tips? I was at the website but I don't have the proper access to get to the free documents.

Any help will be generously rewarded :biglaugh:

Al...

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
The summer/fall edition of Automotive Excellence says the PPAP 4th edition is expected to come out in Q2 of 2004.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
They have a nice future status report:
APQP 2ND ED. BY END OF 2006
FMEA 4TH ED BY END OF 2006
MSA 4TH ED BY END OF 2006
PPAP 4TH ED BY 2ND QT 2004
SPC 2ND ED BY 1ST QT 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom