Creating a filing system for control of blueprint copies

J

Jason

Blueprint Filing

How would do I go about creating a filing system for blueprint copies to conform to QS requirements?

Presently, my company just became QS certified and I want to assure that we will continually meet all requirements.

Presently, we have a lot (perhaps 1000 or so) copied blueprints that are semi-organized, but basically, just thrown in a bunch of drawers. The originals are kept safely away in another building & can be easily accessible, if need be. I would like devise a system to assure that we have no more than 3 up-to-date copies of each blueprint and to better organize our drawers. Is there anything out there (some type of form or produre) that I will assist me creating a neatly organized drawers and will also to conform to QS requirements? Please advise.

Jason

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm not sure why you put this in the calibration forum, but I'll give you a short answer here.

To me this is just an issue of defining where you need copies and adjusting your flow chart or text procedure to reflect those locations and the control methodology. My question is what is done with those 1000+ copies now.

We need more info to go beyond that. Sounds to me the discipline factor may play a part of your problem.

Top Bottom