Testing the vBulletin-MediaWiki Integration Package

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Scott, when you get a few minutes, could you please check out the wiki and give me your thoughts? I integrated it with a vBulletin - MediaWiki integration 'product'.

As an FYI the options I have to work with are:
Options said:
vbWiki Pro Settings
vbWiki Pro Control Panel settings enabled?
Select 'No' to disable vbWiki Pro Control Panel settings (only settings specified in vbWiki_Settings.php would be used.)
Yes No

Allow user names with special characters in wiki?
If this is set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro will implement support for user names with special characters.
Yes No

Enable wiki-vbulletin login integration?
When enabled, MediaWiki will use the login information from vBulletin's user tables.
Yes No

Enable vbWiki_Stats wiki tag?
If enabled, vbWiki_Stats can be used in the body of a wiki article to show vBulletin statistics.
Yes No

Enable vbWiki_ShowThreads wiki tag?
If enabled, vbWiki_ShowThreads can be used in a wiki article to show the latest threads (optionally filtering by forum.)
Yes No

Synchronize User groups?
If set to 'Yes', upon login vBulletin's user groups are used to determine MediaWiki user roles.
Yes No

Enable vbSEO integration?
If set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro will use vbSEO to generate thread and forum URLs.
Yes No

Redirect Talk Pages to vBulletin?
If set to 'Yes', mediawiki's Talk Pages are implemented using vBulletin's forums or threads.
Yes No

When redirecting Talk Pages, use a thread per article or a forum per article?
Select what will be used to host Talk Pages?

Threads
Forums
Name of forum that will host Talk Pages
Select the name of the forum where threads or forums created for wiki Talk Pages will be created.

Allow Forum creation from wiki articles?
If set to 'Yes', when required wiki articles can create new forums.
Yes No

Allow Thread creation from wiki articles?
If set to 'Yes', when required wiki articles can create new threads (e.g. for Talk Pages).
Yes No

Enable Forum Headers?
If set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro's Forum Headers (containing wiki editable URLs) will be shown at the top of each forum.
Yes No

Show Forum Headers when viewing threads?
If set to 'yes', Forum Headers will be shown when vieing a forum threads.
Yes No

Forum Headers Title
This is the title for the link shown on the Forum Headers. If left blank, the wiki site name will be used instead.

Wiki Namespace for Forum Headers
Enter the wiki namespace to be used by Forum Headers (if enabled).

Number for Wiki Namespace for Forum Headers
Enter the wiki namespace number to be used by Forum Headers (if enabled). Changing this number will make your current Forum Headers inaccessible.

Forum Headers Prefix
Prefix used to generate wiki pages that will hold Forum Headers

Forum Headers Columns
Enter the number of columns to be used when displaying links in Forum Headers

Require e-mail confirmation to edit?
If set to 'Yes', users will not be able to edit any page in the wiki until they confirm their e-mail address. Remember to enable e-mail confirmation in User Registration Options > Verify Email address in Registration.
Yes No

Default wiki skin
This is the default skin to be used in wiki pages. Enter vbwikiskin to enable vbWiki Pro skin integration.

List of wiki skins to hide from user selection.
Enter a comma separated list of the wiki skins that should not be presented in the user preferences (e.g. monobook,chick).

Wiki Site Name
Leave blank to use the default.

Wiki Site Notice
If set, this notice will be shown at the top of every wiki page.

Add extra links to Wiki Top Menu?
If set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro will add links to User CP, Register and Log Out. Use this setting when using a skin other than vbWikiSkin.
Yes No

Translate template's encoding to UTF-8?
If set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro will translate the encoding used by the forum's template to UTF-8 when used to generate wiki pages. Set to 'Yes' only if the language pack used in your forum has an encoding different from UTF-8 (e.g. ISO-8859-1)
Yes No

Language Code
Two letter code of the language to be used by the wiki. If left blank vbWiki Pro will the forum's language settings.

Enable American Dates
Enable dates like 'May 12' instead of '12 May', this only takes effect if the interface is set to English
Yes No

Allow DISPLAYTITLE?
If set to 'Yes', the title of a page can be changed with {{DISPLAYTITLE:new title}}. This only works in MW 1.7+
Yes No

Allow External Images from wiki pages?
If set to 'Yes', embedding URL to external images will display them inline.
Yes No

Make 'Go' forward to Edit mode for new pages?
If set to 'Yes', the 'Go' button will forward the user to the 'Edit Page' when a page doesn't exist.
Yes No

List of pages that unregistered users can view.
Specify a comma separated list of pages that all users have access to. This setting is only valid when restricting unregistered users from viewing any page.

Wiki Cookie Domain
Specify the wiki cookie domain. This setting should match the forum's cookie domain found in 'Cookies and HTTP Header Options'. Refer to vbWiki Pro's FAQ before changing this setting.

Wiki Cookie Path
Specify the wiki cookie path. This setting should match the forum's cookie path found in 'Cookies and HTTP Header Options'. Refer to vbWiki Pro's FAQ before changing this setting.

Enable vbWiki Pro Debug Mode?
Only change this setting if instructed by NuHit's Support staff.
Yes No

vbWiki Pro Debug IP Filter
Only change this setting if instructed by NuHit's Support staff. This setting is only valid if vbWiki Pro Debug mode is enabled.

Pre-process vbWiki Pro Debug Output
Only change this setting if instructed by NuHit's Support staff. This setting is only valid if vbWiki Pro Debug mode is enabled.
Yes No

Enable vbWiki Pro Debug URL Commands?
If set to 'Yes', vbWiki Pro will accept diagnostic commands through the wiki's URL. WARNING: Enabling this setting may expose some of your server's configuration data. Do not leave this setting enabled on a live server.

And to any of you who want to take a minute and check it out, I'd appreciate feedback. Remember, you don't have to log in if you are Registered in the forum. If for some reason it would ask you to log in once, it uses your forum user name and forum password.

Here's the url: http://Elsmar.com/wiki/

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Looks pretty slick.

The first thing I noticed, though, is my user page, talk page, watchlist and contribution record isn't linking to my (new?) login. I had already set up a wiki user name of 'Scott Catron' which is different then my forum name of 'Scott_Catron' (with the underscore). Is there a way to change my forum login to 'Scott Catron'? I would think that would solve the problem.

I'll look through the list of options and comment later.

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Something is still amiss - my user name on the wiki is 'User:ScottCatron-5977' instead of just 'Scott Catron'.

I just looked at the user list and there's only a couple other users with numbers as part of their user names - so is there some reason I'm not auto-magically being logged in as 'Scott Catron'? Or is there a way for me to log off and re-log into the wiki?

Marc

Leader
Try logging out of the forum and clearing your cookies (any/all cookies set by elsmar.com) and then quit and restart yor browser, clear the browser cache, and then try logging into the forums. Then try going to the wiki.

I may have to delete the existing users and that way everything will be direct through the forum database which is what this integration module does.

I haven't made a forum user named WikiSysop yet to test. Been so busy recently. I think I'm home all day friday and will do that then for a test and see what happens.

As long as I am logged in the forum it let's me do whatever I want even using the forum user groups to set permissions in the wiki. I'm an admin in the forums so I'm an admin in the wiki.

Scott - Just finished up my presentation for my client. I made a new user in the forum - WikiSysop. Gave the account 'administrator' user group and a password different than the one I registered with in the wiki originally. Once I logged into the forum it used the forum record and I can access the wiki as WikiSysop. I'll have to play around a bit to see if it allows WikiSysop to do admin functions, etc. Please let me know what you're finding.

Something is still amiss - my user name on the wiki is 'User:ScottCatron-5977' instead of just 'Scott Catron'.

I just looked at the user list and there's only a couple other users with numbers as part of their user names - so is there some reason I'm not auto-magically being logged in as 'Scott Catron'? Or is there a way for me to log off and re-log into the wiki?

I'm not sure what's happening. I see two entries for you - One with a number and one without.

I have no idea what the issue is, but I do remember reading that one of the problems when the fellow was doing the hack involved issues such as dealing with spaces in user names.

Maybe I should delete all the users I manually entered. I'll look into that idea. As I understand it, it's using the vBulletin database for user names and passwords. Anyone logged into the forums as a Registered User has edit privileges, etc. and doesn't even have to log in with a user name and password.

You CAN get in and edit stuff in the wiki and such just by logging into the forums, can't you?

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Try logging out of the forum and clearing your cookies (any/all cookies set by elsmar.com) and then quit and restart yor browser, clear the browser cache, and then try logging into the forums. Then try going to the wiki.

Didn't seem to help.

You CAN get in and edit stuff in the wiki and such just by logging into the forums, can't you?

Yes, I can. I did a 'move' from my previous username to the "ScottCatron-5977" user name that I'm logged in as. You just need to give me sysop privileges for the new account now.

I'd prefer to have just plain old "Scott Catron" as a user name, but this will work for now.

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Something else I just noticed - blank pages are no longer red links - all links are blue. It's easier to see what needs to be done if blank pages are red links.

Marc

Leader
Scott - I emailed the fellow who made the integration package about the links. He's usually pretty quick in getting back with me - Maybe 24 hours.

I changed your status to Sysop for both names. Let me know if that gives you the control you need in the Wiki. The package causes the vBulletin user group settings to be used in the Wiki instead of the ones set in the MediaWiki preferences file.

Wiki Rights 1.gif

Wiki Rights 2.gif

Marc

Leader
Something else I just noticed - blank pages are no longer red links - all links are blue. It's easier to see what needs to be done if blank pages are red links.

I think I have this fixed now. Tell me what you think.

Also, I thought of deleting the users I manually added before this 'hack' was added, but can't. I did find this: Deleting Wiki Users, so essentially at this point the vBulletin database is controlling the adding of new users.

Looking at the user list now is different. Somehow D.Scott is in there twice, but nothing I can do about it. No big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

Top Bottom