Volkswagen Customer Specific Requirements.

Q

Quetico

Does anyone have any info regarding customer specific requirements for Volkswagen North America? We just picked them up as a customer. We'll be Tier 1 to a new VW facility in TN. I've been looking at their B2B site, reading endlessly and I can't find a clean breakdown of CSR's like you find with Ford, GM, or Chrysler. :frust:

H

HMJ48

Re: Volkswagen Customer Specific Reqts.

Hello, I have colleague that I worked with at Plastic Omnium, and is now a SQE for Volkswagen in Tenn.(one of the first hires)He is on my LINK-IN network, I will give him a shout and see what I can get.

I am currently unemployed QE/SQE and looking for career opportunities. :)

Regard, HMJ48

Q

Quetico

Re: Volkswagen Customer Specific Reqts.

Thanks.:thanx:

In what area or region are you searching for employment?

H

HMJ48

I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg Area...but anywhere in the Southeast, including Tenn. and Ky are on my radar screen !!!

Thanks HMJ48

Q

Quetico

I guess BMW is not currently hiring down there right now?

Ambrake in Elizabethtown KY is looking for QE's.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Does anyone have any info regarding customer specific requirements for Volkswagen North America? We just picked them up as a customer. We'll be Tier 1 to a new VW facility in TN. I've been looking at their B2B site, reading endlessly and I can't find a clean breakdown of CSR's like you find with Ford, GM, or Chrysler. :frust:
Customer-specific requirements (in the sense you're using) exist as a supplement to TS16949. Because VW isn't a subscriber to that standard, there will be no CSRs like there are for GM, etc.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Look at this post + attachment from our friend Howard Atkins.

Stijloor.

Q

Quetico

Customer-specific requirements (in the sense you're using) exist as a supplement to TS16949. Because VW isn't a subscriber to that standard, there will be no CSRs like there are for GM, etc.

Actually, this is not entirely true as I have just found out via Volkswagen AG's "Formel Q Capability", which states, "The requirements in this brochure are customer specific requirements and are to be complied with in addition to the QM system requirements (VDA6.1 or ISO/TS16949).

Anyway, my search is over. Now I just have to dig into this 150 page document:bonk:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Maybe this was true but

Rules 3rd edition page 5
This document has been originated by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) whose members consist of the following nine (9) OEMs: BMW Group, Chrysler LLC, Daimler AG, Fiat Group Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Renault and Volkswagen AG and the following five (5) national associations ANFIA, AIAG, FIEV, SMMT and VDA.

These (nine (9) OEMs: BMW Group, Chrysler LLC, Daimler AG, Fiat Group Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Renault and Volkswagen AG ) are the subscribing members and auditors have to give precedence to their products.

Just because other companies use different methods dos not change the facts.
The Big 3 CSR's are in fact remarkably lacking in the actual requirements from the suppliers, and only regurgitate the standard without actually documenting real requirements that are in other documents. They remind me of Quality Manuals of some companies that just have to say it all again!:bonk::bonk:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Maybe this was true but

Rules 3rd edition page 5

These (nine (9) OEMs: BMW Group, Chrysler LLC, Daimler AG, Fiat Group Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Renault and Volkswagen AG ) are the subscribing members and auditors have to give precedence to their products.

Just because other companies use different methods dos not change the facts.
The Big 3 CSR's are in fact remarkably lacking in the actual requirements from the suppliers, and only regurgitate the standard without actually documenting real requirements that are in other documents. They remind me of Quality Manuals of some companies that just have to say it all again!:bonk::bonk:

Thanks, Howard. I'm behind the times I guess, and should have laid off this one.

Top Bottom