Ha-Ha

Randy

Super Moderator
I'll be thinking of you guys next week while in Hamilton, Bermuda delivering some 18001 training:D

I've also got:

2 -weeks of work coming up in June in Houston

2- nights in the Boston area in June

1-week in July in Barstow, CA (yuch)

And a couple days that I know of in Madison, WI in Sep and Oct of this year

But beyond all that, I will be thinking of ya'll while in BERMUDA

A

arios

Being on the road most of the time is really hard, and far from being glamorous.

I spent this week auditing in Mexico city, and took the time in the evenings to do some sigthseeing, buying souvenirs, visiting friends and being visited by relatives from neighboring cities including my Parents, Aleluya!.

I just realized that if I have to make my living this way, at least will try to enjoy a little bit the opportunity, and not spent the time as a lion in a cage named hotel room.

Please enjoy your stay in Bermuda, hope you can have with you your family

Have a great time Randy
Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I'll be thinking of you guys next week while in Hamilton, Bermuda delivering some 18001 training:D

I've also got:

2 -weeks of work coming up in June in Houston

2- nights in the Boston area in June

1-week in July in Barstow, CA (yuch)

And a couple days that I know of in Madison, WI in Sep and Oct of this year

But beyond all that, I will be thinking of ya'll while in BERMUDA
Tough duty!:sarcasm:
How about some photos of you in Bermuda shorts?
Being on the road most of the time is really hard, and far from being glamorous.

I spent this week auditing in Mexico city, and took the time in the evenings to do some sigthseeing, buying souvenirs, visiting friends and being by visited relatives from neighboring cities including my Parents, Aleluya!.

I just realized that if I have to make my living this way, at least will try to enjoy a little bit the opportunity, and not spent the time as a lion in a cage named hotel room.

Please enjoy your stay in Bermuda, hope you can have with you your family

Have a great time Randy
Alberto
When I was much younger, back in the 60s and 70s, being on the road was easier, I think, because folks at the companies I visited were eager to show off the pleasures and features of their cities and towns. Thus I had good referrals and often good company to tour, dine, see a play, etc. Now, alas, the road warrior has tighter schedules, is expected to be on the computer sending back reports, the locals are similarly tied up and no one seems to have time to just relax and enjoy after a hard day of work and travel.

Worst of all, I think, is being a road warrior with a family at home, where the spouse has to take over all the duties which should rightfully be shared between two. The kids forget who you are, and the dog bites you when you come home because he thinks you are an intruder.

Road warriors have my sympathy and respect. Guys who are away as many days a year as Randy DESERVE any R&R which comes their way.

A

alspread

Bermuda is great.:cool:
The weather is nice, the people are friendly, the beaches are just beautiful.
A little pricey, but when you're on an expense account...;)

Hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy yourself while you're there.

Good Luck

A

arios

Tough duty!:sarcasm:
When I was much younger, back in the 60s and 70s, being on the road was easier, I think, because folks at the companies I visited were eager to show off the pleasures and features of their cities and towns. Thus I had good referrals and often good company to tour, dine, see a play, etc. Now, alas, the road warrior has tighter schedules, is expected to be on the computer sending back reports, the locals are similarly tied up and no one seems to have time to just relax and enjoy after a hard day of work and travel.

Worst of all, I think, is being a road warrior with a family at home, where the spouse has to take over all the duties which should rightfully be shared between two. The kids forget who you are, and the dog bites you when you come home because he thinks you are an intruder.

Road warriors have my sympathy and respect. Guys who are away as many days a year as Randy DESERVE any R&R which comes their way.

Totally agree, I used to be a full time auditor with a registrar and that was so hard for my family, my dogs did not bite me, but they once they barked at me.

Other time upon arriving to home when I was getting a tip for a taxi driver, an street dog came over and raised its leg over my luggage with intentions for peeing on it :mad:, so I had yell to scare the darn dog away. The luggage was dry and the audit reports inside were intact, so I demonstrated good compliance with clause 4.2.4. on the preservation of records :lol:.

I left that job of full time auditor went back to the industrry for a while, and now that my kids are not so young I am doing audits again but only on a contract basis.

A

arios

Take my advice - don't bring her a tacky souvenir like a T-shirt - instead, take her out for a great romantic dinner when you get home.

Randy

Having a mother-in-law on a trip can also add lots of fun

Top Bottom