IATF 16949 Section Clause 8.3.4.1 - Monitoring - Design and Development Input(s)

bkirch

Involved In Discussions
In the IATF 16949 standard, section 8.3.4.1 states that "Measurements at specified stages during the design and development of products and proceses shall be defined, analysed, and reported with summary results as an input to management review (see section 9.3.2.1)."

My issue is that when I look at section 9.3.2.1, I am having trouble finding which one of the inputs that the requirements of section 8.3.4.1 would align with? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

jfries2

Involved In Discussions
ISO/TS 16949 contains nearly the same requirement in paragraph 7.3.4.1. It's an "extra" required input for management review. If they put it all in the same paragraph it would be too easy! But the note in 8.3.4.1 gives you some hints as to where you could include it (quality costs, product conformance, etc.). Or, I think it's easier just to have a section of management review for "APQP status" and use that to meet this clause.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
In the IATF 16949 standard, section 8.3.4.1 states that "Measurements at specified stages during the design and development of products and proceses shall be defined, analysed, and reported with summary results as an input to management review (see section 9.3.2.1)."

My issue is that when I look at section 9.3.2.1, I am having trouble finding which one of the inputs that the requirements of section 8.3.4.1 would align with? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

This is an additional input to Management review. Its up-to you how you show it as an input. You can simply call it as "design and development review".

Thanks,
Amit

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
Yes, it is one of few mistakes IATF has to correct in future revision.

Top Bottom