Contract Review Process - Risk Analysis - 7.2.2.2 Manufacturing feasibility

millie6901

Registered Visitor
Hi ....
Per the TS standard that a clause 7.2.2.2 Organisation manufacturing feasibility....can anyone further interpre what the standard looking for? & what evidence we can show form theis clause.:(

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
millie6901 said:
Hi ....
Per the TS standard that a clause 7.2.2.2 Organisation manufacturing feasibility....can anyone further interpre what the standard looking for? & what evidence we can show form theis clause.:(
The clause reads

7.2.2.2 Organization Manufacturing Feasibility
The organization shall investigate, confirm and document the manufacturing feasibility of the proposed products in the contract review process, including risk analysis.

The comparable clause in the preceeding QS9000 Standard was:

4.2.3.3 Feasibility Reviews
The supplier shall investigate and confirm the manufacturing feasibility of proposed products prior to contracting to produce those products. Feasibility is an assessment of the suitability of a particular design, material, or process for production, while conforming to all engineering requirements at the required statistical process capability and at specified volumes. Feasibility reviews should be documented using the Team Feasibility Commitment in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan reference manual.

Does reviewing the QS clause give you more insight into your question or do you need someone to provide a sample of the Team Feasibility Commitment in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan reference manual?

Do you need an explanation of "risk analysis" as well?

We want to help you, but we don't want to "spoon feed" you unless you are really lost.

millie6901

Registered Visitor
Hi ! Wes,

thanks... u really help, but i still blurr...is currently we only add in the risk analysis in the Fesibilty review checklist. I also attach the FS checklist it is OK.

Attachments

• FR Checklist..doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,009

1johnguitar

Does anyone have any further information on this subject? Maybe a sample Risk analysis checklist?

T

TedCambron

The contract review process is one that is commonly misinterpreted. After streamlining the contract review process in a couple of organizations I can say that the TS standard does not cover it very well and maybe that's why you are asking about it in the first place. Advanced product quality planning and feasibility should be considered during the estimating function and control plans can be developed without reference to the "contract". The contract is an agreement between the customer and the supplier commonly in the form of a customer's purchase order which in turn becomes the supplier's sales order. It never ceases to amaze me that companies claim to (and prove) contract review prior to receiving the actual "contract" and all documentation referred to within.

I break down the contract review process in two phases. 1) Does the contact agree with the organization's terms of sales and 2) the ability to meet the customer's requirements.

Some important things to consider are lead time, liability of inventory, how noncompliance is handled and the extent of penalties.

Top Bottom