A Question on EASA's "Release and Acceptance of Components"

mlubbs

Starting to get Involved
MAG (MAINTENANCE ANNEX GUIDANCE) Change 4 Section 10 Release and Acceptance of Components paragraph b states:

The FAA Form 8130-3 should include the EASA Part-145 release to service
certifying statement with the EASA Part-145 Approval Certificate number in block 12, and specify any overhaul, repairs, alterations, Airworthiness Directives, replacement parts, PMA parts and quote the reference and issue/revision of the approved data used.

According to this requirement replacement parts, including PMA parts should be listed in block 12 of a Dual Release FAA Form 8130-3.

My questions are:

1. Am I interpreting that correctly?
  2. If so, would some please provide me with an example of how you are listing your parts in block 12?
  3. Are you using any software such as Component Controls Quantum?
  4. If so, are you using Component Controls Quantum to create your Dual Release FAA Form 8130-3?

Thanks for your input.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

AEOS_QA

Involved In Discussions
Hi Mike

I'm not sure if MAG is different but the EASA Regulations in regards to the completion ARC allow reference to supporting documents.
Most Form 1's I see come with a workshop report listing the parts used on a seperate document and not directly on the ARC.

Page 218 EASA Part-M Appendix II Authorised Release Certificate EASA Form 1 () states:

Block 12 Remarks
Describe the work identified in Block 11, either directly or by reference to supporting documentation, necessary for the user or installer to determine the airworthiness of item(s) in relation to the work being certified. If necessary, a separate sheet may be used and referenced from the main EASA Form 1. Each statement must clearly identify which item(s) in Block 6 it relates to.

Hope that makes things easier

E

eHemingway

I agree with AEOS QA.

EASA regulations allow making reference to a workpack/workcard, in which there should be a list with all parts issued to that job including batch numbers for traceability purposes.

The only occasion where I would expect to see a replacement part specifically stated in an EASA Form 1 or 8130-3 is when the parts are serialised or life limited. In this case they are critical parts and therefore not eligible to be PMA parts.

I think the statements in MAG Section B Appendix 1, 10 paragraphs (e) and (f) are what you need:

?Overhauled in accordance with CMM 111, Section X, Rev 2, S/B 23 and FAA AD xyz complied with. Full details held on WO 456.?

?Certifies that the work specified in block 11/12 was carried out in accordance with EASA Part-145 and in respect to that work the component is considered ready for release to service under EASA Part-145 Approval Number: ?EASA 145??.?

I would also suggest that you include any outstanding maintenance details in addition to those mentioned in para (b) such as NDT inspections carried out, compliance with ADs, SBs and TBs, life limited parts status, information to support re-assembly after delivery, etc.

Hope it helps.
:bigwave:

Top Bottom