How to Calculate OEE Indicator for a Workshop (15 Machines)

J

james79

Good morning for all,
I am asking about how to calculate OEE indicator for a workshop ( 15 machines)
We have downtime by machine during a week; production by product, quality reject, OEE by machine; but we have to calculate the indicator for the hole activity; is it the product of OEE?

thanks!

reynald

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good morning for all,
I am asking about how to calculate OEE indicator for a workshop ( 15 machines)
We have downtime by machine during a week; production by product, quality reject, OEE by machine; but we have to calculate the indicator for the hole activity; is it the product of OEE?

thanks!

No, you don't multiply. That will give you a very small value.
For simplicity you can direct average all OEE values or

Sum all schedules run times, actual run times.\, actual outputs, target or ideal outputs (at rated speed), and actual defects. From these compute overall availability, efficiency, quality then overall OEE.

Take note: this number does not give you any information on an analytical level. It just gives you a 1 number indicator on the plant's overall OEE.

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am bit confused in 8 Losses of Equipment Vis - a - Vis Rest 8 Losses. Rest other 8 includes Management Loss, Yield Loss etc. My Question is ""Is No Material Availability will come in 8 Loss of OEE? Or Will it be there in Management Loss only. In that case How that time will be accommodated in calculation of OEE?

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
I am bit confused in 8 Losses of Equipment Vis - a - Vis Rest 8 Losses. Rest other 8 includes Management Loss, Yield Loss etc. My Question is ""Is No Material Availability will come in 8 Loss of OEE? Or Will it be there in Management Loss only. In that case How that time will be accommodated in calculation of OEE?
It affects in the oee, the availability, when get low oee in the calculation, and when determining why, will discover that there where not material to use on that machine

N

ncwalker

For processes in parallel, you average the OEE. But for processes in series, you multiply them.

Example: I am making donuts in my first process and adding sprinkles in my second process. The donut making is slow, so I have two donut machines feeding one sprinkle machine. So I have OEE on all three machines ... Donut 1 = 85%, Donut 2 = 83% and Sprinkle = 94%.

First I have to do my two donut processes. These are in parallel, so I average them and get 84%.

Now, to get the overall process, which is in series, I have to multiply. 0.84 * 0.94 = 0.79 or 79%

In words, 84% of the donuts I attempt to make will come off the end of the donut machine as good donuts. Then, 94% of this reduced quantity will come of the sprinkle machine as good.

But overall, on 79% of what I attempt to make will make it through the process. (Through the amalgamation of scrap and downtime).

Top Bottom