Implementing a TrackWise eQMS System

J

jsemail

Hello all,

We are looking into implementing an eQMS system. We are currently thinking about TrackWise.

Since our budget is quite tight, we are exploring two options:
1. Vendor implementation
2. Freelancer (None Vendor) implementation

Does anyone know approximate vendor hourly rate ranges and freelancer hourly rate ranges?

Can anyone share his experiences working with a vendor or with a freelancer, both from a cost and work experience point of view?

Thank you,
David

I

Ikrion

Hello all,

We are looking into implementing an eQMS system. We are currently thinking about TrackWise.

Since our budget is quite tight, we are exploring two options:
1. Vendor implementation
2. Freelancer (None Vendor) implementation

Does anyone know approximate vendor hourly rate ranges and freelancer hourly rate ranges?

Can anyone share his experiences working with a vendor or with a freelancer, both from a cost and work experience point of view?

Thank you,
David

Hi David,

Freelancer worker, as we've experienced it, is about on par with the vendor consulting pricing. The average we see is around $200/hr for both, with it going up and down based of complexity and qualifications.

I would double check on cost effective solutions before going TrackWise as they are one of the most expensive and don't have a significant amount of out-of-box configuration done; this means consulting costs would go up. When we looked at TrackWise initial startup costs for the software were around $300k with additional configuration on top. Of course, our situation was our own, and according to our requirements. TrackWise is excellent software, but did not match our requirements as a business.

On outside consultants, and eQMS is really a niche product. I can find SAP consultants available at any time. Finding an eQMS consultant for the software vendor we use is a difficult bill, but possible. We've done most with the vendor and are training internal teams to take the baton as they complete.

Good luck!

J

jsemail

Hello and thank you for your detailed answer.

I would like to understand, the vendor rate is 200usd per hour? and a freelancer is changing a similar rate? I have also heard that the vendor has certified partners, are they charging the same as the vendor?

May I ask why do you think a freelancer is a better option?

Thanks,
David

I

Ikrion

Hello and thank you for your detailed answer.

I would like to understand, the vendor rate is 200usd per hour? and a freelancer is changing a similar rate? I have also heard that the vendor has certified partners, are they charging the same as the vendor?

May I ask why do you think a freelancer is a better option?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

We went with the vendor, not a freelancer, for the majority of our work. On average, costs are similar between vendor and the freelancers.

Talk to both groups about what you need and then see which one is the best fit. I wouldn't say that either of them is superior of "correct". It depends on what you need.

Top Bottom