APQP & PPAP - Does Toyota follow the APQP and PPAP process?

MasterBB

Involved In Discussions
APQP & PPAP are part of the AIAG manuals that were created by the Big Three. Can someone direct me / explain what Toyota actually uses.
Does Toyota follow the PPAP process? APQP?

If PPAP was created to assure product/process, how come we have so many defective problems within the big three/suppliers.

Interested to get your feedback & comments.

Regards

J

jperez25

I subscribe to this post. I have never had the opportunity to work with japanese OEMs and I am also really curious about the system they have instead of APQP.

If I am not wrong, the big event similar to a PPAP approval is the TIS (Toyota Inspection Standard) signoff, which includes Control Plan, Inspection Agreement, Test Results and Dimensional Results (to put it in AIAG terms).

F

fuzzy

From the 90's

I was a Tier 1 supplier QE to Georgetown back in the 90's so this may be a little fuzzy (pun intended, :D ). Toyota launches a new product differently (we were 95% Tier 1 to GM) in that they conduct multiple (2-3) prototype builds of their vehicles in ramped up numbers (i.e. 5 - 35 - 127); so there's no one-shot PPAP. Yes the TIS is an important document which gives all the inspection requirements (functional / dimensional / visual) for the product. Toyota requires an MQC (Manufact. [?] Quality Chart [?]) which is an expanded form of a Control Plan which uses a Toyota format of symbols to detail the who (operator / group leader / team leader/ manager) as well as the what and how often details of the typical quality plan. I found it the best way to work of my career and wanted no part of the GM system after this experience. Age and drink prevents recall of too much more detail, but I know I have some copies of my old Toyota work in boxes in my garage. If I could only move that lawn tractor... :biglaugh:

MasterBB

Involved In Discussions
The Toyota Way

Thanks for your reply. I would love to receive copies if you have them & when you get a chance.

Thanks in advance

K

kdanielson

Toyota Documents

You can go to www.toyotasupplier.com and request a ID and password. All of the manuals you are looking for are out there. I downloaded all of the documents that we needed last week.

L

Lisequality

MQC: Manufacturing Quality Control

Quality control while producing
Each team member is responsible and accountable for his/her quality. That’s why, he/she must know how to produce and inspect pieces.
MQC is part of the 3 pillars philosophy, along with TPS, TPM, and in the center of the 3 pillars is of course 5S.
Lise

Top Bottom