Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No resolutions, I leave that to other people

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BradM

Leader
Admin
Well, looking at the Christmas thread, it's time (at least to me) to begin preparing for New Years. Now.. for some, that preparation involves stocking up at the local spirits establishment!:D And remember, from the words of Gallagher "You know the old saying that if you eat before you go to a grocery store you won't buy as much. That don't work with a liquor store!":lol:

But to me, it can (and should) be much more. It is a good time for anyone, wherever they are on the globe, to give some thought to the following:

1. Looking at the past- what have I learned? What are some good things I should never forget? What are some mistakes I care not to make again?

2. Looking at the present-You know, sometimes I think I have it bad, until I see others much less fortunate. Am I charitable with my time and money? Do I take my good fortune for granted?

3. Looking at the future- Do I have a plan for the future? Am I making intelligent steps to achieve the goals I want? Do I have short, medium, and long-term goals that are difficult, but attainable?

Your thoughts/comments, as always, are greatly appreciated!:)

Added: I made the poll multiple choice, in case more than one strikes your fancy!

Last edited:

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: New Years-2007 to 2008

Good thread, Brad!

In school many years ago, I always hated having to make New Year's resolutions for a class assignment. Nowadays I just use the energy I saved by not making any resolutions ;) to reflect on the happenings of the ending year and see if there is anything I can do to improve next year.

No doubt, one of the highlights of 2007 for me was being reunited with 2 of my dearest friends, after having lost touch with each other for the last 20 years or so.

Anyone else care to share a highlight or two? :cool:

A

anthony.si

This thread let me reconsider the meaning of life.Actually I have a ideal dream for furture when I studied in university.But after graduation,I looks loss my dream and I just work for life,take care my baby...I should build goal for a long-term and keep going to achieve it …

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Most of us participate in management reviews in one way or another but does it occur to you that you do need to review the management of your 'own life'. I find that the year end holiday is a good time to do so - probably because you are in a better, festive or generous mood. The calender also tell you that you cannot postpone any more, there are less than 10 'leaves' remaining.

B

Benjamin28

My new years resolution continues from the previous years....

Eat, drink, be happy. Not much of a resolution as much a motto...

With one more addition, find time and money to fly out to Okinawa to visit my brother in the USMC, his new wife, and my 6 month old neice Suzu, and perhaps do a little scuba diving and sightseeing while there ;)

T

Tupham - 2008

I always find when I make resolutions God has completely different plans for me! :eek: One resolution I know I can make with impunity, though, is to enjoy and nurture my new (only) grandson and ensure that my daughter gets all the support she needs to be a super mum! :)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I always find when I make resolutions God has completely different plans for me! :eek: One resolution I know I can make with impunity, though, is to enjoy and nurture my new (only) grandson and ensure that my daughter gets all the support she needs to be a super mum! :)

Tupham,

I read your other posts. I want to wish you strength and the very best for 2008. You deserve it!

Stijloor.

S

sal881vw

Most of my resolutions are of the long term type I try to accomplish those that I can....the rest I just carry them forward for the coming year. My favourite resolution if it can be called so is contingency... A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS, FULL OF HEALTH NEW YEAR TO ALL.....
GREAT WEBSITE MARC....THANKS :cool:

S

SUNJUAN

Hi, all buddies on Elsmar forum!

This is Sun from Dalian Harada Industry Co., Ltd,
a Japanese solely invested company, making antenna assembly parts.

My last new year resolution was actually irrelavant to my job.
But it will be different for the new year to come.
We has kept taking pains to understand and follow Ford APQP rules
and now did make some differences.

LRR/MMOG&LE should be our next cake to swallow and digest.
Do wish the forum could be available for me to ask questions about the future difficulties.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Top Bottom