Hand-Out for Human Factors Training

A

Angelika

Hello,

Can anyone help me with a very simple hand-out for a human factors training in English Language?

I have held this training many times and I have a comprehensive training manual in German language. What I am looking for is something with little text and many pictures to explain the essential human factors (as also required for FAA 145 repair stations) for trainees who have only little knowledge of English.

If you have any reports in English language on accidents that happened due to human factors, it would also be a good basic for discussions.

For a different human factor training (in German language then) I am looking for events/occurrences/accidents that happened due to problems in the cabin of the aircraft - with the human factor involved. I will translate the essential parts of the report then into German but it would be good to have a sample.

Any help and input will be appreciated.

Angelika:thanx:

Randy

Super Moderator
Here's and example of a cabin/cockpit problem related to competency, communication, hurriedness, top management decisions

Attachments

• Blackhawk Jan 2001.JPG
    Blackhawk Jan 2001.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 347
H

heasx2004

I need help for a data on how long an assembly operator can be working on stand position, he or she is assembling metal pieces together in a table 30"x60" and they need to move on all sides of the table to perform their job

D

DrM2u

I need help for a data on how long an assembly operator can be working on stand position, he or she is assembling metal pieces together in a table 30"x60" and they need to move on all sides of the table to perform their job
Sounds like a lot of relative motion between the operator and the workpiece. Any reason why the part is stationary instead of the operator? Also, is all this motion necessary? Can motion/operator be reduced by dividing the motion among more operators? You see, the part will never get tired of moving but the operator will.

You might want to do some more research on ergonomics. I recall seeing related data but it has been a long time ago and can't remember the source.

B

bob_north

Angelika,

Suggest you Google Dr. Nadine B. Sarter, at University of Michigan, an authority on cockpit related human factors accidents, and a native German speaker. She will know the answer. A long time technical colleague in aviation psychology of mine from that field.

Regards,
Bob North, Human Centered Strategies.

P

Patis

Dear Angelika,

did you find something useable for the HF Training? I have to do this training as well and need some more information. I would as well appreciate, if you can share only the german ones, since I?m speaking german as well ...

Thanks and Best Regards

Patis

S

Shoes

Also see on CNN US, "Pilot texting a factor in deadly copter crash".

S

S. Costa

Hello,

Is there any specific training on risk assessment for human factors experts ? Is this kind of training provided ?

Top Bottom