IPC/WHMA-A-620, section 19.6 - Crimp Tools - 30 Day Calibration Period Requirement

P

Philium

Hi,
IPC/WHMA-A-620, section 19.6 seems to say crimp tools should be calibrated every 30 days, which seems excessive (even an aircraft manufacture we deal with has a 26 week cal. perdiod). Anyone have experience of IPC?
Thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: IPC / 30 day calibration period

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

A Quick Bump Again!

Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!

S

ssz102

have this spec in IPC 620?
I have just see this section and no saw that spec you said

P

Philium

have this spec in IPC 620?
I have just see this section and no saw that spec you said
IPC/WHMA-A-620 Rev A Section 19.6.1
crimp tools shall not be used for longer than 30 days between verification testing

P

Philium

Re: IPC/WHMA-A-620, section 19.6 - Crimp Tools - 30 Day Calibration Period Requiremen

I understand there is a difference between the two. The issue here is the frequency and while some tools are easy to verify with go/no-go gauges, some are not.

Does any industry / standard require a 30 day calibration / verification period??

A

andygr

Re: IPC/WHMA-A-620, section 19.6 - Crimp Tools - 30 Day Calibration Period Requiremen

The only requirement I ever ran accross is the 30 day verification you allready identified.
"The issue here is the frequency and while some tools are easy to verify with go/no-go gauges, some are not."
The real issue that you will need to address in order to try and get any relief is not the "ease of verifiation" but stability and risk to your process in using the equipment.
:2cents:

Q

quality1

We verify our crimp tools daily before use with a simple pull test to ensure the crimp tool is good. We make cables for military and commercial applications.

S

ssz102

We verify our crimp tools daily before use with a simple pull test to ensure the crimp tool is good. We make cables for military and commercial applications.
and your company are produce wire-harness too?

the way of checking instrument as same as mine

Top Bottom