Internal inter-departmental service agreement

H

Hileen

Good day

I am new to this site but have already found valuable information in helping me to improve our current QMS.

We want to start putting together inter-departmental service agreements. Anyone has an example of a template to share?

Many thanks

Hileen

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Internal departmental service agreement

Welcome to the Cove.

If you treat them as a supplier or vendor, then any typical supplier/vendor agreement format will do (perhaps with a little modification where necessary).

I am sorry, I don't think we have a sample of inter-departmental service agreement here.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Good day

I am new to this site but have already found valuable information in helping me to improve our current QMS.

We want to start putting together inter-departmental service agreements. Anyone has an example of a template to share?

Many thanks

Hileen
May I ask why ?
When a single policy governs all services of departments, and the effectiveness is continually monitored in audits and reviews, why think separate, when you can be more better and effective as an united organization.
I am not for this internal customer line of thought in a QMS.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Good day

Many thanks

Hileen

I second Somashekar's question: why do you need it?

If your departments are part of the same organization, then a policy or procedure is probably the better way to describe how they collaborate.

If your departments are part of separate legal entities due to geographic or taxation issues, then perhaps a written agreement is required to meet legal requirements, but likely not for operational efficiency.

H

Hileen

Good morning

Thanks for all the responses to my query.

The reason why we want to put inter-departmental service agreement in place, is because without exceptional internal service there cannot be exceptional external service

Providing exceptional customer service lies at the heart of the mission and values of any organization.
What many companies fail to focus on, however, is the primary path to exceptional customer service: internal customer service. It has been proven over and over again, that without exceptional internal customer service, exceptional external customer service cannot exist.
Who is an internal customer? A simple definition is: ?Anyone within an organization who at any time is dependant on anyone else within the organization? it is the service we provide fellow employees and other departments within our own organizations, as well as our suppliers and anyone else with who we work to get our jobs done.
Superior internal customer service improves morale, productivity, employee retention, external customer service and ultimately profitability.
There cannot be superior external customer service until superior internal customer service has been reached.

One of the quality objectives of the warehouse department is on-time delivery of product. They cannot achieve this without the Sales department input - making sure that orders are forwarded in time for the order to be picked and thus meeting the objective. This will then be an expectation from the warehouse department of the Sales Department. We want to keep it simple - K.I.S.S principle.

Hope this make sense

Regards

Hileen

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Good morning

Thanks for all the responses to my query.

The reason why we want to put inter-departmental service agreement in place, is because without exceptional internal service there cannot be exceptional external service

Providing exceptional customer service lies at the heart of the mission and values of any organization.
What many companies fail to focus on, however, is the primary path to exceptional customer service: internal customer service. It has been proven over and over again, that without exceptional internal customer service, exceptional external customer service cannot exist.
Who is an internal customer? A simple definition is: ?Anyone within an organization who at any time is dependant on anyone else within the organization? it is the service we provide fellow employees and other departments within our own organizations, as well as our suppliers and anyone else with who we work to get our jobs done.
Superior internal customer service improves morale, productivity, employee retention, external customer service and ultimately profitability.
There cannot be superior external customer service until superior internal customer service has been reached.

One of the quality objectives of the warehouse department is on-time delivery of product. They cannot achieve this without the Sales department input - making sure that orders are forwarded in time for the order to be picked and thus meeting the objective. This will then be an expectation from the warehouse department of the Sales Department. We want to keep it simple - K.I.S.S principle.

Hope this make sense

Regards

Hileen
Your strong reasoning makes perfect sense.
The question that is coming up again is how an inter-departmental service agreement by itself will begin to work like a magic for you to bring about all that you desire.
I am strongly looking at your process interactions and its communication and how a common policy, a set of established objectives across each area and the monitoring for its implementation and effectiveness can be achieved.
All that you desire to be in an inter-departmental service agreement is perhaps loosely tied and is lacking visibility across the organization. You may need to directly address that, than making an agreement between colleagues.
Think about it.
Great states are never made just by making a great constitution.

H

Hileen

We have also implemented mission directed work teams (MDT) where quality, speed and cost are discussed on a daily basis and problem areas identified .

The idea is to evaluate the agreement expectations every 3 months with the data captured on the daily MDT .

somashekar

Leader
Admin
We have also implemented mission directed work teams (MDT) where quality, speed and cost are discussed on a daily basis and problem areas identified .

The idea is to evaluate the agreement expectations every 3 months with the data captured on the daily MDT .
Just replace the word agreement with objective and periodically review the objective measures...

Top Bottom