Part Submission Warrant - Customer Requirements for PSW Submission

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello

Nice to see you all in here again

I have a question on PSW

My company is not ISO/TS 16949, but we do supply to some automotive companies so occasionally we are asked to complete PSW or do PPAP ( I've only done two so far - so still learning)

One of the companies i just did PPAP for just informed me that they are in talks with some new automotive customers and they would need me to do PSW each time they (our customer ) will get new customer or contract for our products.

So my question is - am i responsible for doing PSW each time my customer is getting new customer of their own?
Or i am only responsible for supplying PSW to MY customer only. If they then get new customers, new business - they should either do their own PSW or forward mine ???

All this PPAP business is quite confusing to me

Thank you all in advance for your help

:bigwave:

Emmyd

Involved In Discussions
Re: Part Submission Warrant

In my experience, you shouldn't have to resubmit a new PSW each time your customer gets a new customer. Your PPAP is generic to your customer and is only up for renewal annually. Your customer will have to resubmit their PPAP for each new customer, but should just include a current copy of your PPAP with their submission.
Good luck!

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Part Submission Warrant - Customer Requirements For

Ohhh i like the answer

Thank you Emmyd

Is there any book, standard that i can show to my customer

I have the PPAP 4th edition - but this one only tell you how to complete PSW - does not explain much how its used.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

Ohhh i like the answer

Thank you Emmyd

Is there any book, standard that i can show to my customer

I have the PPAP 4th edition - but this one only tell you how to complete PSW - does not explain much how its used.

That's because many make it up as they go along. If you're only asked for a PSW consider yourself lucky. It's a simple one pager.

Ron Rompen

Dont fall into that trap - depending on what LEVEL of PPAP you put on the warrant, you are still required to do a lot of work 'behind the scenes'. Remember, what you submit and what you have to COMPLETE and RETAIN are not always the same thing.

Monica, it sounds like your customers don't really understand the PPAP process. Ask them to clarify why they are asking for a warrant.

howste

Thaumaturge

So my question is - am i responsible for doing PSW each time my customer is getting new customer of their own?
Or i am only responsible for supplying PSW to MY customer only. If they then get new customers, new business - they should either do their own PSW or forward mine ???

In my mind, the correct answer is whatever you have contractually agreed to provide to them. If they expect you to jump through hoops every time they get a new order or customer you may run out of time to do your day job.

Since there's a question about what you need to do, it sounds like it wasn't give to you in writing. I would ask them to clarify in writing what they are asking for. Once they send you the information in writing, it should be more clear what they expect.

You can also evaluate their request and determine if it sounds reasonable to do for free (cost of doing business) or if you should start charging them for your time and effort. Some customers will ask for a ton of information until they start having to pay for it... :frust:

Pyro47240

Registered

Dont fall into that trap - depending on what LEVEL of PPAP you put on the warrant, you are still required to do a lot of work 'behind the scenes'. Remember, what you submit and what you have to COMPLETE and RETAIN are not always the same thing.

Monica, it sounds like your customers don't really understand the PPAP process. Ask them to clarify why they are asking for a warrant.

Ron is completely correct. Your automotive customer will dictate what you need by the level of PPAP required.
For example:
Level 1 - Warrant Only (And for designated appearance items, an appearance approval report) Submitted to the customer.
Level 2 - Warrant with product samples and limited supporting data submitted to the customer.
Level 3 - Warrant with product samples and complete supporting data submitted to the customer
Level 4 - Warrant and other requirements as defined by the customer
Level 5 - Warrant with product samples and complete supporting data reviewed at your location by the customer.

Your automotive supplier should have some type of guideline such as this. If they have a portal you're sure to find it there. If not, then ask them for it.
They are more than willing to work with you and help most of the time.

Thanks,
Tim

Golfman25

The op indicated they did the PPAP. So they should have all the documentation. Updating the PSW is the easy part.

Top Bottom