PPAP during Development Process

D

dobs

Hello,
I am relativly new in that topic so these questions might sounds stupid to you.

Several month ago our Department was sold to an other company. But the manufacturer of our development product is still our former company and they neither make PPAP nor controlplans what our new company wants us to do according to QS9000. So we are in a conflict.
PPAP documents have to be archived by the manufacturer so we do have to give them our PPAP relevant documents. Am I right here or do we have to archive all PPAP documents becausewe sell the product?

Now our auditor wants us to create a PPAP-reference-list for our manufacturer who doesn´t need it. Even if we do this list who takes care of it´s updates?

As a developer of electronic control units we have to create some documentes for our manufacturer. Is it possible to refern on quality instructrions of our manufacturer within our quality documents? For instance: Our manufacturer wants us to tell them whether our product is okay or not, so we´vge got to do some so called "qualiy evaluations" (reviews) during our development phase and one within the factory befor serial introduction. That is completely different from instructions of our new company.

It´s all a bit confusing, hopefully I could make it clear enough to you.

Please give me a note if you know some hints to untangle all these stuff.

Unfortunately there is an certifcation audit in about 3 weeks. In my opinion too early for a company which has to change all its process but I can´t do anything about it.

------------------
dobs

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
In my opinion, what you should do is arrange for a meeting with your registrar and determine a path to take. Issues such as responsibilities should be discussed as the scope of your registration has changed. It sounds to me like all you do is design and development. Is that correct?

D

dobs

We develop electronic brake systems those from a controller and intelligent valves exist. The pneumatic part of the valves is manufactured also by us, the electronic section of our old company. These two companies have different quality systems.

And because we are only a small company with small number of items, the manufacturer will hardly adjust to special demands for quality of us.

Nevertheless we past the audit.

Alexander Dobry

------------------
dobs

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Congratulations! Glad you passed the audit. Sorry no one (including me) offered you more specific info in response to your original post. What did you end up doing about the 'List' the auditor wanted?

D

dobs

We have decided to create a paper file containing those documents, which were available to the product at that time.

That was to be completed more easily and faster than the reference list.

But we made PPAP and control plan honestly said only to the satisfaction of the Auditor. The control plans contained only references to existing, more extensive test instructions. Additionally we could fill only half of all columns, because at the time of A - samples some information were not available.

Many points from the QS9000 are too much related to the manufacturing. The developers can´t detect any use for themself and refuse the application of the demands.

------------------
dobs

Top Bottom