Cross Function Flow Chart - Nonconformance handling procedure

C

Clarence.L

Hi guys,

I just completed my first cross function flow chart, for nonconformance handling procedure, and would like to have your input for further improvement, would you please let me know your suggestion.

Many thanks.

G

Greg B

Nice Job!

Clarence, :applause:

This is an excellent chart and I, for one, would not change a thing. It is easy to follow and there are clear lines of responsibility.

Claes is the resident expert (IMHO) on cross functional diagrams and he has submitted a few excellent examples thru these threads.

I have attached my Procedure on NC and it easy to see that yours (IMO) is more user friendly. I may have to do a rethink on mine. My only comment would be that the use of colour often stimulates the user.

http://elsmar.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1815

GregB

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... Thank you, Greg. Praise from someone you respect is always nice... :eek:

Clarence.L said:
I just completed my first cross function flow chart, for nonconformance handling procedure, and would like to have your input for further improvement, would you please let me know your suggestion.
I like it. Simple as that... :agree1: Easy to follow, and you do one thing that I don't: You added the std reference.

/Claes

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Clarence - I, also, like your chart.

I do have a question for the group. The one thing I see missing from this, and all other flow charts shared by members of the Cove, is where the PFMEA gets pulled out and reviewed/updated. I realize this is not an automotive specific thread (PFMEAs required), but for those that do utilize the PFMEA methodology, should not that "step" be included (whether an internal or external NC)?

I only ask because most of our customers now have a "checkbox" that asks when (not if) the PFMEA and CP have been updated.

Bill

G

Greg B

Bill Ryan said:
Clarence - I, also, like your chart.
I do have a question for the group. The one thing I see missing from this, and all other flow charts shared by members of the Cove, is where the PFMEA gets pulled out and reviewed/updated. I realize this is not an automotive specific thread (PFMEAs required), but for those that do utilize the PFMEA methodology, should not that "step" be included (whether an internal or external NC)?
Bill

Bill,

Sorry, but what is a PFMEA and CP? I think it has something to do with failure mode??? :eek:

Greg B

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Greg B said:
Bill,

Sorry, but what is a PFMEA and CP? I think it has something to do with failure mode??? :eek:

Greg B
Sorry, my fingers got tired (I guess) :bonk:

PFMEA = Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis

CP = Control Plan

S

Sam

Clarence.L said:
Hi guys,

Many thanks.

Looks great. Don't change a thing. :applause: :agree1:
I first ran across this type of chart at the Juran Quality Planning session. IMO they are much easier to follow. I don't use it because I was out-voted in favor of a much more expensive flow chart package.

C

Clarence.L

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Heartful thanks for your appreciation. It is really my pleasure to hear such feedbacks. Many thanks.

Top Bottom