Suitable form or questionnaire for approving consultants

mobylad

Starting to get Involved
Hi, I'm looking for a suitable form/questionnaire for approving consultants.
Our supplier approval questionnaire is not suitable for approving consultants.
Can anyone help?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Can anyone help?

Note: Consultants will never fill out a questionnaire, this is why you won't find one. the best way to find out if a consultant is worthwhile is to ask for references - and credential as a first step.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Can anyone help?

What kind of consultants? Do you engage consultants so often that a form is worthwhile? If you know what you expect of consultants (references, certifications, skills, etc.) it should be fairly simple to construct something.

mobylad

Starting to get Involved
The form is also for the formal process of qualifying them as a supplier as opposed to checking their references..

mobylad

Starting to get Involved
Thanks Jim, I can put together a form, but had thought if such a form was common practice then there would be one on the site. Perhaps it is not common practice..

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks Jim, I can put together a form, but had thought if such a form was common practice then there would be one on the site. Perhaps it is not common practice..

mobylad,

Your "form" should reflect your organization's selection criteria for consultants (see 7.4.1).

Ask the stakeholders of these services and you may determine the criteria used to select your consultants.

You may find that these criteria change according to the type or nature of planned consulting work.

Someone else's form probably would not work for you.

As dsanabria has advised, best to ask for references and to have your own questions ready for the interview.

John

AndyN

Moved On
I agree. As a consultant (in a previous life) if someone was selecting me on the basis of filling out a form, I wouldn't want to work with them!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
All consultants are contractors, but not all contractors are consultants.
It may be a niggling point, but I and and a number of my "consultant colleagues" have occasionally banded together to take an investment position in an organization to get one or more of our number on the Board of Directors to present our counsel and contacts for the improvement and increased profitability of the organization. Outside directors are often asked to serve precisely because of the advice they give to an organization with the type of consulting I define in the thread Consulting ? Is it in YOUR Career Future?

Many Boards have "no confidence" clauses, which means a director essentially serves at will of the balance of the Board versus a contract an executive might have with a golden parachute.

Top Bottom