Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsDFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) Licensing? BulgariaThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) Licensing? Bulgaria
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) Licensing? Bulgaria - Page 2

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
bulgaria, dfars (defense federal acquisition regulation supplement)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 18th May 2011, 06:08 AM
20110525R

Total Posts: 46
Re: DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) Licensing? Bulgaria

Not too confusing really, since you are providing a Non-Specialty metal (Copper Rods) and your customer is making the product into another product, then you are not providing a Specialty Metal or Alloy. You still must meet the specifications for the Rods, but it is not considered a specialty metal or Alloy per the DFARS clause. You can read the Berry Amendment to see the process for Specialty Metals if your company provides any steel alloys containing any of the listed elements.
Here's a reference for current information from the Congressional Research Service regarding the Berry Amendment: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL31236.pdf

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 19th May 2011, 03:26 AM
vharizanov

Total Posts: 6
Re: DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) Licensing? Bulgaria

Thank you for the reply!
Could you tell me what specifications are you talking about? I had a look at the Berry Amendment, but I didn't manage to find any specification. Is this any technical specification for the article?
And according to your post again - our company doesn't provide steel alloys. This inquiry refers only to pure copper articles.
And finally - after the copper is not covered by the DFARS (it is not "specialty metal") can we only declare that our article meets the DFARS requirements and specification or we need some more special documents?
Thanks!
  Post Number #11  
Old 19th May 2011, 10:05 AM
vharizanov

What do you think about something like that:

DFARS Statement

Clause: 252.225-7014 Preference for Domestic Specialty Metals, Alt 1
As indicated by the DFARS Clause 252.225-7014 the Metals used by our company are classified as follows:

Copper is Exempt of this Requirement.

Zinc is Exempt of this Requirement.

Brass is Exempt of this Requirement.

Declarer:
/Signature/

This is just an example.
Do you think it will be enough? Please give me your opinion on this.
Thanks!
  Post Number #12  
Old 20th May 2011, 01:36 AM
20110525R

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by vharizanov View Post

What do you think about something like that:

DFARS Statement

Clause: 252.225-7014 Preference for Domestic Specialty Metals, Alt 1
As indicated by the DFARS Clause 252.225-7014 the Metals used by our company are classified as follows:

Copper is Exempt of this Requirement.

Zinc is Exempt of this Requirement.

Brass is Exempt of this Requirement.

Declarer:
/Signature/

This is just an example.
Do you think it will be enough? Please give me your opinion on this.
Thanks!
I believe that would be correct, but if you still have questions, you should contact your ACO or PCO or the Buyer. Since you are not melting alloyed steels, the DFARS Clause doesn't apply to you.
The Berry Amendment is what generated the DFARS Clause in the first place, it is a Congressional Mandate.
  Post Number #13  
Old 20th May 2011, 01:38 AM
20110525R

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by vharizanov View Post

Thank you for the reply!
Could you tell me what specifications are you talking about? I had a look at the Berry Amendment, but I didn't manage to find any specification. Is this any technical specification for the article?
And according to your post again - our company doesn't provide steel alloys. This inquiry refers only to pure copper articles.
And finally - after the copper is not covered by the DFARS (it is not "specialty metal") can we only declare that our article meets the DFARS requirements and specification or we need some more special documents?
Thanks!
The Specifications I was talking about are for the elements you are melting, Copper, Brass and Zinc. You need to meet the specifications for those materials per your contract specifications, ie. Heat Lots and Mill Certs.
  Post Number #14  
Old 20th May 2011, 08:51 AM
vharizanov

Thanks to each of you! I'm very happy that here are so many helpful people. It's a great forum!

After I understand what's happend with this case I'll inform you about the result.
Thanks again!

Regards,
  Post Number #15  
Old 13th November 2017, 02:55 PM
ThomasC

Total Posts: 1

Clause 7014 applies to the Specialty Metals that you have listed and does not apply to copper, and copper alloys.
You may reply that this clause is not applicable to the material you are supplying or simply state you are in compliance by default.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >