Limit for Temperature & RH in Pharma Clean Room

raghu_1968

Involved In Discussions
The query is related to the limit for Humidity which has to be maintained in (Pharma area) clean room.

As per the guideline 14644, the typical set range of relative humidity is 30 to 65%.

During my audit to one of the supplier facility, the limit fixed for the relative humidity is 35 to 70%.

However they have qualified the area with the 70% RH.

The concept is, the temp. & RH maintained at clean room should cover our stability conditions of 25°C & 65% (RH). Here the value 70% is beyond the 65%,

The upper limit of fixing the value of 70% is acceptable?

Regards / Raghu

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
The query is related to the limit for Humidity which has to be maintained in (Pharma area) clean room.

As per the guideline 14644, the typical set range of relative humidity is 30 to 65%.

During my audit to one of the supplier facility, the limit fixed for the relative humidity is 35 to 70%.

The concept is, the temp. & RH maintained at clean room should cover our stability conditions of 25°C & 65% (RH). Here the value 70% is beyond the 65%,

Regards / Raghu

Any responses?

Thanks!

Stijloor.

BradM

Leader
Admin

Regards / Raghu

Hello, Raghu!:bigwave:

I guess I don't understand the question. First, is there an ISO classification for the area?

Also, exactly what is the room supposed to be controlled within? Is there product/equipment in the area that has temp/ RH requirements?

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Regards / Raghu
As he is your supplier could you ask him to keep the limits to 25% to 65% and can he provide and maintain this with his infrastructure ?
The question is .. Do you have a non conforming product attributed to this setting or you see a potential non conforming product due to this ?

raghu_1968

Involved In Discussions
Hello, Raghu!:bigwave:

I guess I don't understand the question. First, is there an ISO classification for the area?

Also, exactly what is the room supposed to be controlled within? Is there product/equipment in the area that has temp/ RH requirements?

Dear Brad,

I guess I don't understand the question. First, is there an ISO classification for the area? Yes it is ISO class 8 area.

Also, exactly what is the room supposed to be controlled within? Recommended condition is Temperature: 25±3°C and RH: NMT 65%.
Is there product/equipment in the area that has temp/ RH requirements?
Yes. Both Equipments and products are available and the product is temperature sensitive.

Regards / Raghu

raghu_1968

Involved In Discussions
As he is your supplier could you ask him to keep the limits to 25% to 65% and can he provide and maintain this with his infrastructure ?
The question is .. Do you have a non conforming product attributed to this setting or you see a potential non conforming product due to this ?

As he is your supplier could you ask him to keep the limits to 25% to 65% and can he provide and maintain this with his infrastructure? Yes. It is possible

The question is .. Do you have a non conforming product attributed to this setting or you see a potential non conforming product due to this? NO.

The clarification required is : As per the stability conditions the RH is 65% only, the limit upper limit fixed is 70%. Is it acceptable?

Regards / Raghu

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Regards / Raghu

It is typical and not mandated. Is your question referring to the RH ranges between Clean room where the product is manufactured vs the stability chamber RH conditions ?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Absolutely yes.

Regards / Raghu

It is not an issue as the drug stability is influenced directly by the drug formulation and indirectly by clean room conditions. The combination of the active and excipient is what contributes to stability.

See, the clean room conditions is to ensure that the product is not contaminated, the product does not contaminate the environment and to take care of personnel protection with regards to temp and humidity so that they do not sweat and contaminate the product.

Hope that clarifies :)

Top Bottom