Calculation of reduction on audit time - IAF MD1:2007, IAF MD5:2015 and IAF MD11:2013

F

Filip M.

Hi, I have a question concerning the calculation of reduction on audit time. In IAF MD1:2007, IAF MD5:2015 and IAF MD11:2013 are the rules described how to handle with the calculation of the reduction. It's stipulated that reduction time is limited to 30% and accordance the maturity of the system, nevertheless, some certification bodies goes up to 50%. Is that feasible?
What are the consequences for the compagny if the certification body grant more then 30% of reduction time ?
If the compagny have a groupcertificate with multiple plants, how to calculate the reduction time ? Allowed to starting from the reduction time defined in IAFMD5:2015 and plus on that grant maximum of 20%.
Note.: which tables are used to define the risks for OHSAS and ISO 5OK?
Thanks in advanced to help clarified this issues.
Gr. Filip

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Calculation of reduction on audit time - IAF MD1:2007, IAF MD5:2015 and IAF MD11:

In the case of my own experience, top management used to be able to approve time deduction over 30% but in the past year the practice was stopped, for all standards.

Annex B of IAF MD-5:2015 gives guidance for complexity.

Failure to adhere to these MD-5 criteria would likely result in a nonconformity issued during accrediting body audit. I can't say for sure what the consequences for the client would be.

Is your CB accredited by a body on the IAF Member list?

Top Bottom