ISO / TS16949 Quality Manual needed - Changing from QS9000 to ISO / TS16949

Z

zewsk0307

I am in the process of changing from QS9000 to ISO / TS16949. I really don't want to rewrite the whole manual myself. Are there any programs / or tools out there that can aid me in making this transition as easy as possible.

Or does anyone have a copy of a manual I could use as reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JeremyLek

Maybe you can read this ..

I got this extracted online .. is a Quality Manual of ISO/TS 16949:2002 ....
maybe this will help u as a reference ...

The main concern is to understand the differences of QS9K and ISO/TS 16949.. that will help you up in your manual writing ...

Attachments

• 00-001_rev_w.pdf
    264.9 KB · Views: 2,714
Q

qaguy1

Brief TS 16949 Quality manual

This is a top site. I have taken so much preparing for TS, and given nothing in return. So I take this as an opportunity to attach my 4 page Quality Manual . As a former quality consultant, I used this format with 8 companies and 4 different registrars upgrading to ISO 9001:2000 and I believe it will be suitable for TS. The only opposition I had was from a stick-in -the- mud, old fashioned company quality manager, who refused to accept it ( although the registrar did ) and wrote his own element-by -element manual .

Attachments

• Example Quality Manual rev 6.doc
    266.5 KB · Views: 2,942
Z

zewsk0307

Thanks so much for all your help

This site is very beneficial. :thanx:

A

Aussie

zewsk0307 said:
I am in the process of changing from QS9000 to ISO / TS16949. I really don't want to rewrite the whole manual myself. Are there any programs / or tools out there that can aid me in making this transition as easy as possible.

Hi there,
I can help you out there too, I was in the same position as you are now, someone uploaded their QM to me, so I will do the same
Send me you email address
Aussie

AndyN

Moved On
Wouldn't touch that one...............

JeremyLek said:
I got this extracted online .. is a Quality Manual of ISO/TS 16949:2002 ....
maybe this will help u as a reference ...

The main concern is to understand the differences of QS9K and ISO/TS 16949.. that will help you up in your manual writing ...

It's simply a restatement of the standard with some other thigs added to 'bulk up' the contents - why reference the ISO 9000 vocab. document, then add a list of acronyms?:(

The 'sequence and interaction' is simply a plagiarized version of the ISO TC 176 'model' and doesn't describe the actuall processes of the organization - if you showed that to management they'd go mad trying to explain it to someone:bonk:

There are already a number of threads here about the contents of quality manuals. I'd suggest a search for them before you run off with a 'qucik fix' from the internet - do you know who wrote this stuff? It may have got them registered, but history shows that quality manuals written around the standard don't get used for anything by the organization.:nope:

Andy

AndyN

Moved On
Ah! That's better, but wait a minute.......

qaguy1 said:
This is a top site. I have taken so much preparing for TS, and given nothing in return. So I take this as an opportunity to attach my 4 page Quality Manual . As a former quality consultant, I used this format with 8 companies and 4 different registrars upgrading to ISO 9001:2000 and I believe it will be suitable for TS. The only opposition I had was from a stick-in -the- mud, old fashioned company quality manager, who refused to accept it ( although the registrar did ) and wrote his own element-by -element manual .

The diagram doesn't show a linkage between management review and continual improvement?????:mg:

Surely, something's up with this one too? I do like the fact it's only a few pages and doesn't quote 'ISOeese' at folks who don't use that language.:lol:

Check out those other threads folks - maybe before you newbies start off with your questions....:read:

Thanks
Andy

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
zewsk0307 said:

Why copy someone else's copy of someone else's copy of some...

You get an opportunity every five years to do a better implementation. Why not write something meaningful and useful, that will actaully provide some value to your organization.

We implement some nonsense to meet an audit requirement, then we go on the Cove and whine that "we don't get any support for our system..."

(No offense) but c'mon guys. This is our jobs. Have some pride and do it right!

AndyN

Moved On
Sweeet!

hjilling said:
Why copy someone else's copy of someone else's copy of some...

You get an opportunity every five years to do a better implementation. Why not write something meaningful and useful, that will actaully provide some value to your organization.

We implement some nonsense to meet an audit requirement, then we go on the Cove and whine that "we don't get any support for our system..."

(No offense) but c'mon guys. This is our jobs. Have some pride and do it right!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :lol: :rolleyes:
Andy

Top Bottom