ISO 17025 vs. ISO 15189 - Differences

R

Rehan Haider

Dear all,

Kindly tell me the actual difference between the ISO 17025 and ISO 15189. Is this an accreditation standard or just guideline?

Also provide me the copy of this standard.

Regard’s
Rehan Haider
Consultant PIQC

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Difference between ISO 17025 and ISO 15189

Dear all,

Kindly tell me the actual difference between the ISO 17025 and ISO 15189. Is this an accreditation standard or just guideline?

Regard’s
Rehan Haider
Consultant PIQC

Welcome,

I would not go further than to mention that ISO 15189 is more for drug testing (both human and animal) because we have 2 good threads here where it was discussed in more details.

ISO 15189:2003 - Standard for Medical Laboratories

What does referral laboratory determined in ISO 15189-2003 really equal to?

The answers you sought are found therein.

With regards to the standard, please note that they are copyrighted and cannot be exchanged over here (refer to our terms of service - TOS)

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Dear all,

Regard’s
Rehan Haider
Consultant PIQC

Hi Rehan,

Yes, you could get accreditation for both ISO 17025 and ISO 15189 and you could use Harry's links to get the differences.

Btw, you have mentioned that you are an consultant to PIQC. Just noticed that PIQC is holding a 3 day training session on ISO 17025 from August 21~23, 2008. Are you attending ?

A

Ateeq

This is purely accreditation standard for Medical/clinical Labs, basically there is no any significant difference, in 17025 scope & advisory services are optional but in ISO 15189 this is compulsory.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi, :bigwave:
In the case of calibration of hospital equipment, how to apply the requirements of ISO 15189?
Please advice.
Thank you very much in advance for the help and information.
Best regards,
Raffy:cool:

Top Bottom