Share ideas to make Management Review more interesting

B

berseak

Dear all,

In my company spend full day to conduct management review. For me it's a boring. Do you have any idea for improve this activity? for mine idea should present in plan and action plan for new KPI is enough.

Thank you in advance.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Share idea Management Review

Dear all,

In my company spend full day to conduct management review. For me it's a boring. Do you have any idea for improve this activity? for mine idea should present in plan and action plan for new KPI is enough.

Thank you in advance.
Hi berseak ...
This is a hot topic always, so you will find a lot of info, some also down this page in the Similar Discussion Threads.
Your management who review must know that they are the top management
They have to be aware of the company QMS processes
They have to be aware of the requirements as in 5.6 of the ISO 9001
They must decide and know how frequently each process must be reviewed for suitability adequacy effectiveness. This depends upon the business dynamics.
They must know that some processes can be reviewed together for better outputs provision and accordingly plan the intervals.
They must know and have authority to approve or provide decisions and actions as in 5.6.3 of the ISO 9001, keeping in view the quality policy and quality objectives of the company.
A record of what inputs were reviewed and what outputs were provided has to be maintained.
A collection of all such records will meet your management's requirement of a QMS review.
So you need not have one full day
You need not have just one day
Please discuss this with your MR and Top management >>>

tony wardle

Registered Visitor
The way we do it is ....

We do management review and business review together. After all, the KPIs are important to the business.

My departmental managers each get to present once a month - and they will each present roughly once every quarter.
They report on production - efficiency, quality safety etc. We do this with some sort of levity, and as a team, we crit them.

At the same time we cover some of the aspects of the requirement in terms of management review from the standard.

The standard doesnt say that mangement review items all need to becovered at once, nor does it give a frequency.

During these meetings, I will often think up a topic to discuss that will generate interest and debate ... for example a portion from Sun Tzu, or the global state of economy ...

The important thing is to get the KPIs out, get the actionable plan and cover the requirement of the management standard ...

The last discussion, I had the guys make paper aeroplanes to demonstrate bottlenecks, defects and quality planning ... and the people enjoyed learning.

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
We conduct at least three Management Reviews a year, and none take a whole day.

But one thing we do is a Management Retreat annually. We rent some space off-location and all the managers get together. This one does take all day but its because we do a lot!

We have break out sessions to discuss improvements.
We talk about the things that make us proud to work where we do.
And of course we discuss all that is required as well.

We have breakfast, lunch and then a dinner at the end of the day.

It is actually a lot of fun :)

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
Manage the pace, it can be slow and boring and it's important to work against that.

When you're starting out, you may be developing and presenting much of the data.

As you develop the team, off load that to the persons owning the processes.

Top Bottom