Why use AFactor in FRUR metrics - Monthly failure rate calculations

Q

Quality_Ken

I am struggling to explain to management why the FRUR metrics use AFACTOR = 12 for all monthly failure rate calculations. I understand the definition of AFACTOR = # reporting periods in a year, but why do you want to annualize a monthly metric? Seems like it would be a better representation if the calculation was only FRry/FRsy for YRR, etc.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Why use AFactor

I am struggling to explain to management why the FRUR metrics use AFACTOR = 12 for all monthly failure rate calculations. I understand the definition of AFACTOR = # reporting periods in a year, but why do you want to annualize a monthly metric? Seems like it would be a better representation if the calculation was only FRry/FRsy for YRR, etc.

Welcome to the Cove.

I am TL 'blind' and hence unable to help but there's a document which may be helpful for you: FR Examples Document

Q

Quality_Ken

Additional question - Is it possible that your YRR and NYR metrics are identical if your normalization unit = shipping unit?

Q

Quality_Ken

Re: Why use AFactor

Thanks Harry, I had found that document through another thread in this forum, however it doesn't seem to specifically address why the AFACTOR is used....

Top Bottom