The on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website

RSEGRIGGY

Involved In Discussions
Does anybody have experience or opinions about using the on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website, versus going through your local section?

Thanks
Rick

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hello Rick,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I have used the online recertification option and was directed to send my materials to my local chapter. After sending everything off, I waited for months and finally received a satisfaction survey from ASQ. In the survey I described what had happened, and explained I was not able to express satisfaction while in my state of limbo. My renewed certificate appeared in a very short time after that.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Rick,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I have used the online recertification option and was directed to send my materials to my local chapter. After sending everything off, I waited for months and finally received a satisfaction survey from ASQ. In the survey I described what had happened, and explained I was not able to express satisfaction while in my state of limbo. My renewed certificate appeared in a very short time after that.

Not very customer-friendly. ;)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Not very customer-friendly. ;)
It was clumsily done but their recovery was good. I am sure my survey response had someone scrambling through the piles to get my stuff out. Which would mean they really do read their surveys. Or, the timing was exquisite following a very late return of my certificate. Who knows? They did not say, just mailed my package.

RSEGRIGGY

Involved In Discussions
A follow up:
I used the online option. The next day (24.5 hours later) I got an email receipt of my transaction. I checked their online portal and it shows that I have been re-certified for 3 more years. :cool: I have not received anything in the mail yet, but in the documents section of the portal I have a PDF of the re-cert letter and certificate. I did not send anything to the local section.

How long ago did you try the online option? Maybe they really paid attention to your survey and really ramped up their process.

Thanks
Rick

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

A follow up:
I used the online option. ... I checked their online portal and it shows that I have been re-certified for 3 more years. ... I did not send anything to the local section.

I completed re-certification last month and it was done within the five (5) working days that ASQ promised. Within a short time, new certifications arrived in the mail. It happens. No feedback, buzzers, or whistles. I guess that is fine, but if the review revealed any omissions on my part, I would have no idea.

It seems a waste to print out new copies of the certificates for each cycle. Since the ones received in the past were suitable for framing, I am just going to "file" the new ones. Possibly it would be more "green" to forego re-printing the deliverables unless requested.

Otherwise, I have no real complaints other than the recertification process does not add value to the member unless that value is pursued in the process of recertification by the member submitting the application. It's not about cost. It's about the opportunity for the member to actually learn something and remain current.

Top Bottom